Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Passport Renewed

• 22-09-2015 3:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Has anyone gone through this process while in Canada? I've read a previous thread (2 years old) and wanted to see has anyone recently gone through the process.
    On the website it says a 13 week turn around, was this accurate for everyone else? I have a trip booked away in 16 weeks and still need to get my long form birth cert, so am under the gun with time.

On the previous thread some people had problems getting cops etc to be witnesses and stamp their photos, has everyone had this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Fromvert wrote: »
    Has anyone gone through this process while in Canada? I've read a previous thread (2 years old) and wanted to see has anyone recently gone through the process.
    On the website it says a 13 week turn around, was this accurate for everyone else? I have a trip booked away in 16 weeks and still need to get my long form birth cert, so am under the gun with time.

On the previous thread some people had problems getting cops etc to be witnesses and stamp their photos, has everyone had this problem?

Have you lost your previous passport? If not then you don't need your birth cert. If it's a straightforward renewal you just need the completed application form and your most recent passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

I did mine a few years ago, took a lot longer than they said on their site, and trying to get information from them is impossible. And I hadn't lost my passport and had everything I needed. I got the photos stamped by the Irish consulate in Montreal, he was very nice. I had heard about problems with the police not wanting to do it too.

Advertisement