Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Passport renewal

Options
  • 22-09-2015 4:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I have just sent off to get a new Irish Passport as my old one runs out not long from now. I need it back as soon as possible as I have to leave the country in about 7 weeks.

My question is has anyone else applied for a new Irish passport from Australia and if so how long did it take to come?

I know how long it says on the website which has me worried.

I only realised that my passport will have less then 6 months left on it when I have to travel the other day and the country I want to go to requires that you have 6 months left on your passport when entering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

i did about 3 months ago and it took 9 weeks, granted it was peak time but i had the girls in the consulate hounded. add on a few days for lazy inept posties who wont bother bringing it to the door to sign for it , mine just popped the slip in the postbox and i had to get down to the post office and pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Hi Doc, took about 11 weeks to get my sons passport in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Crap not looking good so. :(

I contacted them and they said that they are receiving them quickly at the moment and also said that I should be able to travel on an emergency passport if needed but that I should contact the embassy of the country I want to go to to confirm this.

Advertisement