If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a TV

Options
  • 22-09-2015 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Looking for a decent as I can TV on a budget. 45-50" with a built in satellite tuner!

Any ex display etc going?

Thank you....

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

clogher71 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Looking for a decent as I can TV on a budget. 45-50" with a built in satellite tuner!

Any ex display etc going?

Thank you....
    Hi Clogher, many thanks for the post.

Unfortunately we had a clearance sale recently and all our ex display screens were sol out within a couple of days

In a new screen, to get something in that size with a satellite tuner, you'd be looking at the sony KDL48w705 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201311-bravia-kdl48w705cbu.aspx at €699. This won't get Freesat HD channels with guide etc, but has twin satellite tuners so will receive all normal free sat channels.

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Unfortunately we had a clearance sale recently and all our ex display screens were sol out within a couple of days

In a new screen, to get something in that size with a satellite tuner, you'd be looking at the sony KDL48w705 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201311-bravia-kdl48w705cbu.aspx at €699. This won't get Freesat HD channels with guide etc, but has twin satellite tuners so will receive all normal free sat channels.

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks for the reply Brian, forgive my ignorance, the free sat Hd channels are also broadcast in non HD? Or are they totally different channels ?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

clogher71 wrote: »

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks for the reply Brian, forgive my ignorance, the free sat Hd channels are also broadcast in non HD? Or are they totally different channels ?
    I believe so but in Ireland I can't guarantee it. The main difference is that a TV with FreeviewHD will also have the full TV guide etc as per freeview, but these models that have a sat tuner but not Freeview HD, the channels will just tune in to your standard channel list on the TV if that makes sense :)

Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.