Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inner city bus drives abuse of adhering to timetable schedule

Options
  • 22-09-2015 11:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭

I dont normally use the inner city bus service but because i have an issue with my car at present i have to . The 603 bus was due to leave wit at 21.40 last and as i was walking through wit just about to get to cork rd i see the 603 bus go past its stop at 21.25. Since it only goes every 40 mins and there was no traffic it could not have been the last on scheduled for 21.00. I waited till 21.50 and since there was no sign of a bus i decided to just walk. It took me 25 mins to get into town and since i was going in the direction the bus was coming from i would have seen the bus if it were late. Absolute disgrace that bus drivers can abuse the time table like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Why don't you make a formal complaint to the bus company?

If no one does it is not going to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Talk to the company. Moaning on Boards will solve nothing. Even reach out on twitter -

https://twitter.com/Buseireann?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Just because the bus is early, it should still wait at it's stop until it's on time. That's shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

bad form alright but i normally walk it. as you can see yourself, it doesnt take that long and your chances of getting there faster than the bus are fairly high. the exercise is good for you to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    bad form alright but i normally walk it. as you can see yourself, it doesnt take that long and your chances of getting there faster than the bus are fairly high. the exercise is good for you to.

yes but its the principle of the thing what about old or sick people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Swinng

I use the bus on a daily basis as I work out in the IDA and if by any chance I have to work past 6pm you are lucky to get any bus that is on the timetable. So you are better off walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

yes but its the principle of the thing what about old or sick people?

completely agree with you. the downgrading of our public transport system countrywide is a disgrace for the exact reasons you give. its leaving many people isolated particularly those in rural areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Waiter for the 3.10 605 yesterday and it didn't come. Waited 40 minutes for the next one which was packed to capacity.Regretted not walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It happens a hell of a lot unfortunately. Complaining on boards won't do much though, better to put in a complaint at the station, ring them or e-mail them if you don't wanna go in person

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement