Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Concert Hall - Seating question

Options
  • 22-09-2015 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello,

I'm looking to book tickets a concert happening in April. The seating prices are all different depending where you book your seats. The cheapest prices I can see from the map are €27 each in the choir balcony which seems to be behind the stage..
    Can anybody tell me that has been to the NCH if you're still able to see the artists perform if I was to book seats in the choir balcony?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I have been only once to the NCH and I will be honest that I can't recall these seats at all.

Looking at the seating plan, it looks like you would get the backs of the musicians. But they seem to be far enough from the stage to block the view of the stage.

Could I suggest calling NCH box office and ask them directly if any of these seats have restricted viewing? This might also depend on the type of event, how big the orchestra would be etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dylanlolwut

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Could I suggest calling NCH box office and ask them directly if any of these seats have restricted viewing? This might also depend on the type of event, how big the orchestra would be etc.

Good call, I'll do that today and ask them. Thanks for the reply! Thought I would try my luck before calling them and see if any of the general public could tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Good call, I'll do that today and ask them. Thanks for the reply! Thought I would try my luck before calling them and see if any of the general public could tell me

The choir is behind the stage so you'll end up seeing the backs of the artists - always thought they were odd seats tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Hello,

I'm looking to book tickets a concert happening in April. The seating prices are all different depending where you book your seats. The cheapest prices I can see from the map are €27 each in the choir balcony which seems to be behind the stage..
    Can anybody tell me that has been to the NCH if you're still able to see the artists perform if I was to book seats in the choir balcony?

I sat in the choir balcony once. I didn't think it was all that bad. It is a free for all so if you want front row, you'd want to get there as soon as they open the doors. Even though you only see their backs, you are up close to the music.

Advertisement