Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Account

Options
  • 22-09-2015 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I was in Ireland 6 years ago. i created current account and after few months using it i went abroad. Right now i think about this account because i didnt close it. I didnt use this account for about 6 years. How can i get any informations about this account.  Is there any charges when im not using this account ? If account is still open would be possible to close the account ?

Cheers Grzegorz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

grisza15 wrote: »
    Hello,

I was in Ireland 6 years ago. i created current account and after few months using it i went abroad. Right now i think about this account because i didnt close it. I didnt use this account for about 6 years. How can i get any informations about this account.  Is there any charges when im not using this account ? If account is still open would be possible to close the account ?

Cheers Grzegorz
    Hi Grzegorz,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Boards.ie

To get information or to check the status of this account, please call +3531 4044000 and a representative will be able to check this for you.

To close the account from abroad you can send a written signed instruction to your Bank of Ireland branch requesting this. If there is a balance remaining in the account please ensure that you let us know if you would like the balance issued to you by bank draft or transferred into an alternative bank account.

The charges applied to your account will depend on the account type, a quarterly maintenance fee of €5 will be applied. You can see the full list of fees and charges here.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 6 grisza15

Hello. I dont remember anything about that account. I called this numer phone but i cant connect with anybody becouse i dont remember anything about that account. What should i do right now ? I didnt use that account for 6 years so how is possible you dont sent me any message that i own you Money and how much ? So tell me how can i get any more informations about that account ?

Grzegorz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hello. I dont remember anything about that account. I called this numer phone but i cant connect with anybody becouse i dont remember  anything about that account. What should i do right now ? I didnt use that account for 6 years so how is possible you dont sent me any message that i own you Money and how much ? So tell me how can i get any more informations about that account ?

Grzegorz
    Hi grisza15,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

To get details regarding your current account you will need to phone 0035314044000 and give the representative your name, address and the branch you opened the account in. Once you have provided the representative with this information they should find your account number and can confirm the status of the account.

If you have changed your address and not updated your new address with Bank of Ireland we would not have an address to send your correspondence to.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

Hi,

How many years after not using the account will the bank automatically close it ? because i dont use this account for 6 years so this account should be closed already. 

Grzegorz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

How many years after not using the account will the bank automatically close it ? because i dont use this account for 6 years so this account should be closed already. 

Grzegorz
    Hi grisza15,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

If an account is not used for 3 years the account will then go inactive, after 15 years the account will become a Dormant account.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

• Advertisement

Hello,

When i have this fee in this account for 3 years and than this account become inactive what about this Money. I dont use this account from 2009. That You said before right now should be inactive. When account is inactive You also take fee or not ? Becouse i want to know that You take fee for 3 years or You will take fee for 15 years and also what about interest from this fee ? So after 3 years should be about - 100 euros. This -100 euros when account is inactive will change or will be the same till 15 years ?

Grzegorz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hello,

When i have this fee in this account for 3 years and than this account become inactive what about this Money. I dont use this account from 2009. That You said before right now should be inactive. When account is inactive You also take fee or not ? Becouse i want to know that You take fee for 3 years or You will take fee for 15 years and also what about interest from this fee ? So after 3 years should be about - 100 euros. This -100 euros when account is inactive will change or will be the same till 15 years ?

Grzegorz
    Hi grisza15,

Charges will be deducted from an account until it has been fully closed.

If you no longer wish to keep this account, you can send a signed written request by letter only (email and fax will not be accepted) and post this to your account holding branch. Please also include your phone number on the letter as your branch may wish to contact you. Contact details for your branch can be found here

As we don't have account access here, we would be unable to advise of the charges currently listed on your account. For more information on your account, please contact BOI Direct on 00353 1 4044000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Sharon

Hi,

So how it is possible to charge an account whitch is inactve ? I cant contact with the representative person becouse when i phone they want some number whitch i dont remember. When you close an account forever ? when is inactive. Probably i dont have on this account any money so right now is below zero probably. This is very strange when you charge money when account is inactive. 

Grzegorz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi,

So how it is possible to charge an account whitch is inactve ? I cant contact with the representative person becouse when i phone they want some number whitch i dont remember. When you close an account forever ? when is inactive. Probably i dont have on this account any money so right now is below zero probably. This is very strange when you charge money when account is inactive. 

Grzegorz
    Hi grisza15,

As mentioned above, all accounts are subject to fees and charges until they are fully closed. 

If you wish to discuss the account further, it will be necessary to contact your account holding branch directly and an Advisor will be happy to help. Contact details of your branch can be found here

Thanks,

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Sharon[/font]

Hi,

IF this account is not use for 15 years will be automaticly close ? After all what will be about this Money ? Is there any posibility to close this account after 6 years and avoid paing for this fee and charges ?

Grzegorz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi,

IF this account is not use for 15 years will be automaticly close ? After all what will be about this Money ? Is there any posibility to close this account after 6 years and avoid paing for this fee and charges ?

Grzegorz
    Hi Grzegorz,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

After 15 years the account will become a Dormant account.

It would be advisable to speak with one of my colleagues with account access and they can confirm the status of your account.

Advisors are available from 8am to Midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday and will be happy to assist you.

If you would like me to arrange a call back for you please send me a private message with your name and the name of the branch you opened your account in.

Have a good weekend.

Helen

Advertisement