Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 3 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Very much enjoying watching mcphee today though. The pressure they're getting on Wilson has been a massive massive positive and easily the biggest change in our game. Honestly think once we have Cutler back we might be half way decent.

Our secondary is still probably the worst in the league though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Finally throw to Graham.... TD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Bears have been damage limitation all day. This is pretty pathetic though, 4th and one on midfield and it's a punt. No surprise Simms agrees with the call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Advertisement

Ah **** this anyway. We are who they thought we were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

matthew8 wrote: »
    Bears have been damage limitation all day. This is pretty pathetic though, 4th and one on midfield and it's a punt. No surprise Simms agrees with the call.

Ladies and gentleman, John Fox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Johnny Knox flashbacks :(

Hope Forte is alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Somewhere out there, Jim Harbaugh is all...

mj-popcorn.gif

Great to see Larry Fitz rolling back the years.

• Advertisement

Chris "7/11" Hogan with a TD catch against his former team.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Chris "7/11" Hogan with a TD catch against his former team.

Knew I recognised the name! Couldn't think of how though. Cool, I liked him on Hard Knocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This is quite boring now. No competitive games whatsoever.

Paully D wrote: »
    Knew I recognised the name! Couldn't think of how though. Cool, I liked him on Hard Knocks.

He always open.

**** sake. How come the team that's winning at a canter is braver on fourth than the one with literally nothing more to lose.

And how is this gowl of a commentator able to believe that they're both ****ing right? I can't listen to him anymore.

My stream for Redzone has just crapped the bed. Luckily these games are over or I'd be ragin'. Anyway, enjoy the SNF game if you're staying up for it.

And another punt. This game feels like it'll never end.

Hopefully the Broncos hammer the absolute shiite out of Detroit.

Never mind, it's back. Watching to make sure Buffalo don't mess up for my treble to land.

Gonna stick my neck on the line and say that I think Buffalo will win today....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

First Bears shut-out since 2002.

Which... you know.... is just great.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Gonna stick my neck on the line and say that I think Buffalo will win today....

Bold prediction!

Have we ever had such a one sided set of games? Wins by 40, 27 and 26 in this time slot.

Roethlisberger is out for a minimum of 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,028 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What a dream day that was, the Patriots put up 51 on the Jags and two of our three divisional rivals lose. On top of that all the teams that I dislike lost, the Ravens, the Cowboys and the Colts.

All that is left now is for the Lions to beat the Broncos and complete a great day for me. Go Lions!!!:)

eagle eye wrote: »
    What a dream day that was, the Patriots put up 51 on the Jags and two of our three divisional rivals lose. On top of that all the teams that I dislike lost, the Ravens, the Cowboys and the Colts.

All that is left now is for the Lions to beat the Broncos and complete a great day for me. Go Lions!!!:)

Colts won.

Colts won.
    Oh yeah, forgot about the ending to that game, not such a big deal anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

How confident are we in the Broncos? I have them in an accum on the spread but getting itchy feet with regards just cashing out at what I can and going to bed, feckin hate the Broncos

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Right, Levy is out for the Lions, so cue Manning destroying the defence the same way the Vikings & Chargers did the last two weeks, with screens & short routes marching down the field with ease.

On offence, Lucas inexplicably starts, so Stafford is going to get hit often & the run game will yet again be ineffective.

I have zero optimism in the Lions winning this game, but I suppose stranger thing shave happened.

One fun fact coming into this game is that this is the first time Stafford & Manning have ever competed against one another!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

I live in hope but I agree with everything Lionbacker said.

• Advertisement

Decided to let it ride, and go to bed. Surprise in the morning :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Aaannnnnnd sacked already, Ware left completely free.

Just thinking about John Madden right there during the build up to the game. The greatest color commentator ever and imp nobody has come anywhere close to him.

The reason he came into my mind was when I started wondering how long Collinsworth has been on Sunday night football. Hard to believe he Is in his sixth year.

Christ almighty.
    The Chargers had an exact carbon copy sack, two weeks ago. You'd think they'd learn.

Lions offense looks dreadful already. Will have to be some performance by the defense.

Ah c'mon that's just ridiculous.

I feel so sorry for Stafford, doesn't get much protection and the run game has gone nowhere.

• Advertisement

That was a hell of a pick. Manning has to get something from this.

Seems that Tulloch is the only player on D who knows how to tackle.

Calvin Johnson may have to win this one all on his own. That catch that stopped the pick was unreal.

Ebron is such a bad blocker, looks to be coming good as a catcher but can't block to save his life.

EDIT: That is an absolute killer.

What a truly bizarre play.
    Why did he throw it backwards.

• Advertisement

Whatever the result, tonight has been a much better performance from the Lions than I had expected.
    They won't be facing a defence like that every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

How did the Lions play in the late game? Playing them Week 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The Broncos D is absolutely frightening. Best in football right now.

How did the game go last night? I went to sleep so not sure if it was a case of the Broncos D just being the shut down D it can be basically or if Manning looked better/The Lions were terrible or had an improvement?

I know the score obviously, did Stafford come through it with just the injuries he was already carrying? :)

Ebron is such a bad blocker, looks to be coming good as a catcher but can't block to save his life.

His blocking technique was a big knock on him coming out of college. The Lions should have been well prepared for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

How did the game go last night? I went to sleep so not sure if it was a case of the Broncos D just being the shut down D it can be basically or if Manning looked better/The Lions were terrible or had an improvement?
    The Broncos basically went with Manning's pistol offence rather than the WCO and Manning played his best game for a year. Manning was helped by the ability of Thomas and Sanders to 'win' Manning's 'deep' ball (which is really little more than a hail mary. The Broncos went with the 'pistol' because they are not able to run the ball with the atrocious OL that they have. The Broncos D is seriously good.

The problem with letting Manning run his offence is that he has to throw the ball 40-45 times a game - and he is not physically capable of sustaining this for more than a few games. If Kubiak persists with letting Manning run the pistol it is only a matter of time before Manning either physically breaks down or he gets hammered by a rusher and gets hurt.

The Broncos cannot do anything in the play-offs with Manning running the 'Manning offence'.

I know the score obviously, did Stafford come through it with just the injuries he was already carrying? :)

Well Kubiak changed his scheme slightly to help Manning be more comfortable in his offence. They were in a pistol formation all night & Manning made some impressive throws which ultimately won them the game.
    The Broncos D was as good as previously thought, although Talib struggled a bit with Megatron. They kept Stafford under pressure throughout the game & got two picks as a result.

The Lions were better defensively but just not good enough in the end. The offensive line improved slightly when Waddle came into the game but yet again the run game was non-existant. Stafford didn't look to be in as much pain as last week, so no new injuries there.

EDIT: i see Jolly Red Giant has already covered the Broncos performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Dalton is having a seriously good season. I just wanted everybody to note that. Yes, I know people will say this has happened before he crumbles in the playoffs in previous years, but I think he looks different.

I only mention it as reading back through this thread, the only time his name is mentioned was in the one real mistake he made in the game (he was strip sacked).

He came through with multiple big plays to lead two touchdown drives in the fourth quarter.

He now has a variety of weapons. With the win last night and the QB issues in Cleveland and Pittsburgh, I fancy them to get a home playoff game at least this season.

The Bengals' D is decent, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Just saw a stat there that the Bears had ten possessions last night and ten punts. That has to be a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

The Bears offence was really, really bad. I haven't seen as much NFL as you guys, but I struggle to remember an offensive performance as bad as last night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement