Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being asked for a cigerette !

Options
  • 22-09-2015 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

3 times yesterday, 5 times today between O Connell St and Capel St. I roll my own and a lot of them turn up their nose if I offer to roll/let them roll one. ''Have you no straights'' they sometime's ask. Tuesday must be ''waiting'' day as I generally get asked most on a Tuesday.
    Upsurge in Chuggers too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeh its annoying same people there doing it every day. Guess they get enough people giving them smokes to make it worth their while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Don't smoke while you're walking down the street (esp. busy thoroughfares like that). I smoke 30 a day and only light up when I get where I'm going. Standing outside a pub gives you the option of ducking back in if the standard refusal offends. And for all the little buggers know, you have 10 psychopathic mates indoors needing exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Do people still ask "Have you got a cigarette, it's for a joint?", like that makes it all OK somehow? That was all the rage back in the day, when I smoked.
    I once shot back with "Have you got some hash, it's for a joint?". Needless to say, hash wasn't forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

quaalude wrote: »
    Do people still ask "Have you got a cigarette, it's for a joint?", like that makes it all OK somehow? That was all the rage back in the day, when I smoked.
    I once shot back with "Have you got some hash, it's for a joint?". Needless to say, hash wasn't forthcoming.

I've got that at a bus stop a few times. In fairness, once or twice I wound up missing the bus and getting stoned instead. Quid pro quo and all that. Lesson being if fellow stoner is stationary, we're getting wasted - if he's moving, he's moving on.

I've got that at a bus stop a few times. In fairness, once or twice I wound up missing the bus and getting stoned instead. Quid pro quo and all that. Lesson being if fellow stoner is stationary, we're getting wasted - if he's moving, he's moving on.

This had me laughing for five minutes, not sure why!

As said above, I just don't smoke in the street, but that's cause I just don't anyway, not because of the being asked for a cigarette thing, just works out well for me. Smoking outside a pub as said above, you can just walk inside if a polite "no" doesn't go down well. Outside P Macs is a bloody nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

P Macs ?

Stephen's Street isn't it? In that area anyway. Prime spot for alcoholics/beggars/alcoholic beggars. Many of whom want cigarettes as well as change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Any time I'm asked 'have you got a smoke?', I reply 'yes thanks' & move along :D

Advertisement