Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postfone no internet

Options
  • 22-09-2015 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hi I am on postfone contract, I use a iphone6, recently apple updated the ios. I installed the update friday morning (day of release) on friday afternoon I received a text from postfone telling me not to update as there is an issue where users can no longer connect to the internet (other than on wifi). I received the text too late and now obviously I cannot use the internet, I rang customer service, they told me that i should use wifi (not much use if there is none) and they are trying to fix the issue, 5 days now and still no fix, do I have any comeback on this problem, should i be still charged for an allowance of data that i cannot use, postfone don't seem to care much about the issue. was just wondering if anyone knew if I had any legal rights in relation to this. maybe cancelling contract without penalty or refund of money paid for services not even available. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

That's the risk you take when you upgrade software that's brand new... There's always some issues.

Was the phone supplied by postpone or is it your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

supplied by postfone, I never heard of any other networks having an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Postmobile (name change from Postfone last month) don't do billpay contracts. You are free to leave and if you bought the phone from An Post then request they unlock it.

Going off topic here slightly for a sec

https://postmobile.ie/shop/apple/apple-iphone-6-16gb-silver/

:o

no wait :O :O :O

For f sake €739 for a 16gb iPhone 6.

I paid €699 at launch in 2014 for mine and Apple.ie are currently €649 for an unlocked iPhone. Most networks subsidise phones. Postmobile charge you more than the RRP of an unlocked phone for what I assume is a network locked phone.

What a Rip Off

Goodluck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I would be of the view that OS updates are a normal feature of iPhones so Postfone should ensure their services are compatible. However Postfone can't be expected to guarantee immediate compatibility since Apple's updates are beyond Postfone's control.
    Let them sort out the problem but in the meantime tell them you expect not to be charged for data services you cannot use. They may argue services are available and that you upset the cart but you can argue OS updates are a normal feature of the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Postmobile (name change from Postfone last month) don't do billpay contracts. You are free to leave and if you bought the phone from An Post then request they unlock it.

Going off topic here slightly for a sec

https://postmobile.ie/shop/apple/apple-iphone-6-16gb-silver/

:o

no wait :O :O :O

For f sake €739 for a 16gb iPhone 6.

I paid €699 at launch in 2014 for mine and Apple.ie are currently €649 for an unlocked iPhone. Most networks subsidise phones. Postmobile charge you more than the RRP of an unlocked phone for what I assume is a network locked phone.

What a Rip Off

Goodluck OP

Unfortunately you are wrong, the phone is a billpay phone, it was obtained from postfone or whatever they are called through an employee purchase scheme ran by An Post where employees can get the phone and minutes/text/data for a period of 12 months or 18 months (dependant on phone) and the fee is automatically deducted from source (wages) weekly the cost is €13 a week for 18 months (€1014). the phone is not locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The new iOS update is known to have some bugs, and one known bug is data on phones.

It's an Apple issue, but Google can help you fix it.

Advertisement