Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does this mean?

Options
  • 22-09-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭

I went to the music reviews section in the music category and came across this, what does it mean? I'm certainly not trying to edit anyone's post. I was just trying to read some music reviews, that's all.

"bodhrandude, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

There's a music reviews forum?

It's probably a private forum, which is why you don't have access.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

What's the link you were trying to access bodhrandude?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hi Niamh its in the sub categories of the music forum itself, I still have the old style interface, its between the music production forum and the punk forum. Was just curious as was intrigued to see what music reviews were in there. It seems pointless having it there if you can't access it. :)

Just looked at the modern interface and its not there, so it looks like it was just part of the old interface for the music forum back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's probably a forum that was deleted, but that the link to it still shows up on the older skin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It would have been this one:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=586

which is closed and gone, but still listed.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I was thinking it may have been an older skin, there's no Music Reviews forum now. I was wondering how I didn't know about it :D

It may have been merged with one of the other Music forums though, you could ask one of the Music Mods/CMods to see if they remember, I'm afraid I don't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

The "Music Reviews" forum is gone completely.

Some elements of it were absorbed into the other music forums.

You must just be seeing it through one of the older skins or an old followed forums list

Thanks for all the replies so its really just a thing that was available in the old Boards skin, query resolved.

Advertisement