Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

471 2kv capacitor

• 22-09-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,
    Trying to repair a board. Found 2 burnt capacitors. All they have on them are 471 2kv.
    So I purchased what I thought they were. Upon inspection the new ones have b 471k 2kv.
    They are slightly different and smaller.
    They're from an inverter welder, and I know the cause of them burning, so that's not an issue.
    What I need to know is:
    Are they different? If so, what should I be ordering? Pics attached

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Silent Shrill

Thanks, but what I really want to know is that the new ones are 471k, whereas the original are 471....No k.
    Looking into it further, I found that 471 also brings up 470pf capacitors which are exactly the same as the original, and do not state they're 471k, just 470pf and 2kv.
    Is there a 470pf 2kv capacitor without
    the 471k? Why do the 2 look different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Silent Shrill

Ok, got it!
    K is the tolerance.......that's what was confusing me. The original are 3 yrs old, so I'm guessing newer are smaller.

Advertisement