Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men taking tops off in nightclubs

• 22-09-2015 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

Wtf is this?? Why? Was out over the weekend and saw about ten men in the nightclub with their tops off wriggling their sweating gross bellys all over some poor unassuming women. Not only that but they then tend to use their top as some sort of apparatus or prop which they then use to gyrate around their crotch area thinking they're from The Full Monty or something. Please stop.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

D*ckheads. D*ckheads Everywhere.

[insert Buzz Lightyear image]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

How else will the ladies/ lads know they're sexy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I was in a club some time ago where there were these women on stage taking their tops off and gyrating like something from a strip club.....men putting dollar bills in their thongs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Were you in a strip club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Now if it was women taking there tops off there be no complaints. .equality were are ya ����

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

anna080 wrote: »
    Wtf is this?? Why? Was out over the weekend and saw about ten men in the nightclub with their tops off wriggling their sweating gross bellys all over some poor unassuming women. Not only that but they then tend to use their top as some sort of apparatus or prop which they then use to gyrate around their crotch area thinking they're from The Full Monty or something. Please stop.

But the wimmin love a bit of belly.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Were you in a strip club?

You joking me? I wouldn't be caught dead in coppers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Only ever seen this with culchies and seen as the match was on the weekend I'm gonna join the dots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

You joking me? I wouldn't be caught dead in coppers!

That's not a requirement. Drowsy and suggestable is sufficient.

realies wrote: »
    Now if it was women taking there tops off there be no complaints. .equality were are ya ����

*WHERE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Only ever seen this with culchies and seen as the match was on the weekend I'm gonna join the dots

Um, Dublin were in 'the match'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sounds cringeworthy, hopefully they were given a good kicking and thrown out.

libelula wrote: »
    Um, Dublin were in 'the match'.

Yeah but dubs don't do this Shiite.
    Lived in Dublin all me life and never once seen it.
    Must be a mating ritual of culchie blokes down in the sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Menas wrote: »
    I was in a club some time ago where there were these women on stage taking their tops off and gyrating like something from a strip club.....men putting dollar bills in their thongs...

Sounds like a family friendly place I was at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

I associate it more with fellas in Manumission type nightclubs rather than country fellas.

Yeah but dubs don't do this Shiite.
    Lived in Dublin all me life and never once seen it.
    Must be a mating ritual of culchie blokes down in the sticks.

A good size belly shows prosperity and that you'd be comfortable in the winter. Thus males show off their belly to impress the women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

were they beating their chests gorilla style?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I've only seen that happen in gay bars and the 90s. Must be coming back into vogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I only take my top of when I'm fighting outside of nite clubs. If the fight started inside, I'd leave it on till it spilled outside or we're kicked out by the bouncers, then it comes off with a vengeance. I would never take it off indoors, I have a bit more class than that.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I've only seen that happen in gay bars and the 90s. Must be coming back into vogue.

The gay fellas had big bellys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Go to different nightclub OP...

Reminds me of below:

Just thought I'd give everyone a warning of something that left me in shock.
    I went to a new nightclub out of town last week, and couldn't believe when one of the very good looking barmaid took off her top and started flirting with the punters!
    I felt this sent out the wrong message and was very sexist.
    She was there last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but no sign of her on Friday, Sat, Sun or yesterday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I'd say pills were involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Where was this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Did they then have a go at all the creepy women for ogling their man boobs?

If so, I'd say it was some sort of MRA protest.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Go to different nightclub OP...

Reminds me of below:

Just thought I'd give everyone a warning of something that left me in shock.
    I went to a new nightclub out of town last week, and couldn't believe when one of the very good looking barmaid took off her top and started flirting with the punters!
    I felt this sent out the wrong message and was very sexist.
    She was there last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but no sign of her on Friday, Sat, Sun or yesterday...

The hussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭wilhelm roentgen

whiskeyman wrote: »

Are you stalking her now :eek:

I only take my top of when I'm fighting outside of nite clubs. If the fight started inside, I'd leave it on till it spilled outside or we're kicked out by the bouncers, then it comes off with a vengeance. I would never take it off indoors, I have a bit more class than that.

You'd only be some rat poison moon headed junkie bastard if ye did that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Are you stalking her now :eek:

Maybe, just maybe.. that's the joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Filthy animals :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I'd say pills were involved...

pretty much the only time i seen men topless was at a rave. not a normal nightclub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Nodin wrote: »
    The gay fellas had big bellys?

Yes, lots of bears.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Yes, lots of bears.

Fair play. A man should be proud of his belly, regardless of what gender he intends to flop it on.

Advertisement