Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major facebook problem, perhaps you can help?

Options
  • 22-09-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I have just done a facebook business page for a friend and am trying now to post it in groups that would use the service and of which I'm a member but not having luck.

Let me explain: I cut and paste the link from the page and put it in the body of the post, then the page shows including name, profile pic and cover photo - perfect! But when I click post what shows up is just the profile pic, with information from the about section alongside it and it looks terrible. Have also tried tagging the page to post but the same thing happens.

How can I post the page in groups and sales sites so that the proper masthead shows. I've done so much work on it but it's useless if I can't get the proper masthead to show. Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Lucy Anne wrote: »
    I have just done a facebook business page for a friend and am trying now to post it in groups that would use the service and of which I'm a member but not having luck.

Let me explain: I cut and paste the link from the page and put it in the body of the post, then the page shows including name, profile pic and cover photo - perfect! But when I click post what shows up is just the profile pic, with information from the about section alongside it and it looks terrible. Have also tried tagging the page to post but the same thing happens.

How can I post the page in groups and sales sites so that the proper masthead shows. I've done so much work on it but it's useless if I can't get the proper masthead to show. Any advice welcome.

Are you sure you have set the page you created to public?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Lucy Anne

Yes the page is visible...it's a published page.

Yes the page is visible...it's a published page.

Why don't you post the link here and I can see if it's visible when posted from my own feed. I can share to a friends wall and check if the link displays fully.

Thanks Moredeith, that would be great:) I will send you the link and also the link to a page where you can see how it comes out all scrambled.

Actually it won't let me send with links as I'm not here six months! But if you put this line into google then it's the first result that comes up.

tjipke -elite jumping genes

Thanks Moredeith, that would be great:) I will send you the link and also the link to a page where you can see how it comes out all scrambled.

Actually it won't let me send with links as I'm not here six months! But if you put this line into google then it's the first result that comes up.

tjipke -elite jumping genes

Must be something wrong with the page settings cos this is the error I get when clicking on the page title

363341.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks for trying. I think I know what's happened, I originally had a different title and in searches it's the first title that comes up, which has now been replaced but keeps reappearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

This is what I see when I follow that link

723935b7dc.png

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

This is what I see when I follow that link

723935b7dc.png

That's what I got when you follow the search result from Google, but when clicking on the Page Title on that FB page I got the error

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Yeah, working for me now as well. OP must have fixed the issue I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yeah, https://www.facebook.com/StallionTjipke/ is a lot easier to type, and looks less messy as a link.

Advertisement