Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter-Firms Gaming

Options
  • 22-09-2015 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

So where I work they have inter-firms sports things like GAA and maybe rugby and soccer (I don't know I don't follow that kinda thing).

Well why not inter-firms DoTA, League of Legends, Hearthstone, CS-GO, etc. etc.

Does anyone know of, or better yet work for, any company doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I would imagine that certain sports are quite popular and probably fits in with the companies policy of Work/Life Balance. Sport is a healthy activity, promotes teamwork and co operation, and people can go for a few beers afterwards or whatever.

Gaming is just sitting in a chair, and most people who are into games , you will find are into different games to one another across consoles and PC and most of them won't be into competitive gaming.

That being said I know they do have competitions across BIG companies in the US for Starcraft 2, which has now also moved into LOL, DOTA 2 , CS etc

It's called 'The After Hours Gaming League'

http://afterhoursgaming.tv/#/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

id say back in the day you could find a team easy enough for quake or CS but now with so many games maybe not

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

There are enough 20-somethings working across Dublin and the whole of Ireland, I think it would be possible to get at the very least League of Legends teams together.

But personally, working in a 200 person multinational software company in Dublin, I don't actually see these teams already existing.

So it'd require a good bit of outreach. I'd love to see it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Team-oriented video games suck, anyway.

Come play some 1v1 fighting games instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jaybopper

Thanks very much for the information all.

@SeantheMan As much as I'd love to get into the argument over whose pastime is better than whose I'm just gonna say thanks for the link! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement