Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on sourcing gear

Options
  • 22-09-2015 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi, I have just started wood turning course and have just found out that i require some items.

Can anyone help suggest where to buy the following and please note that i would need these items delivered to Wexford before my next course i.e. before Monday.

1 smock, 1 dust protector and 1 face mask.
    I don't mind if its a dust and mask all in one.

Any help would be great!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭raydator

kadman wrote: »
    Maybe here,

jebbtools.ie

I'll check it out, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Any decent hardware shop will have a face mask and a visor. Turning smocks ( as opposed to a simple apron ) are specialized items and you will probably have to mail order from someone like www.axminster.co.uk.
    I have a Trend powered respirator and find it great but its a bit bulky unless you are turning irritant and dusty woods like iroko when it comes into its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

recipio wrote: »
    Turning smocks ( as opposed to a simple apron ) are specialized items and you will probably have to mail order from someone like www.axminster.co.uk.
    I have a woodturning smock from these guys, and it's great, definitely recommended ...

http://www.lovellworkwear.com/

I got mine at the Axminster show in England when it was still going and got my name embroidered on it while I waited :D

You could probably get one delivered through ParcelMotel if their delivery costs are too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Get in touch with your local Chapter, Gorey or South East Chapter and they'll point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Stanirish

Go to the All Ireland Woodturners Guild Seminar in the Radison Blue (Airport) hotel - admission to the retail end should be free, and you will have a good few woodturning suppliers in Ireland there - if not, ring me in the morning before 11am, and I send some out to you by fastway - www dot woodturning dot ie . Failing that - try Robert O'Conner in Gorey, he may have all you need.

Regards

Stanley

Stanirish wrote: »

Regards

Stanley

Thanks Stanley, I will drop up to the Expo and have a look. I am holding off on the smock for the moment. But you will be my first port of call if I need one before the Expo.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

raydator wrote: »
    Thanks Stanley, I will drop up to the Expo and have a look. I am holding off on the smock for the moment. But you will be my first port of call if I need one before the Expo.

Thanks.

The Seminar/expo was on this weekend just passed, did you miss it?

Prenderb wrote: »
    The Seminar/expo was on this weekend just passed, did you miss it?

Annual Woodwork and Woodturning Expo 2015
    Friday 2nd October, 11am to 7pm
    Saturday 3rd October, 9am to 1pm

woodturning.ie

Maybe I got mixed up?

Advertisement