Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethnic food shop naas

Options
  • 22-09-2015 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. Has anybody been in the ethnic shop up at the top of Naas town beside the supervalue?

Just wondering what it's like and if it's worth the visit?

Also, is the parking out front for customers or better to park by the supervalue?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I like it. Visit it every Friday. Just went for spices in the beginning, but get a lot of canned beans off him now, oils, noodles, rice. Big bags of prawns too for a tenner and change. His veg and eggs are good aswell. He's very helpful, so if you get stuck looking for something, don't be afraid to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭lilydonoghue

Where is Supervalue in Naas? I'd like to try that ethnic shop please?

Head up past the ivy, heading towards swans on the green. Next left turn and its just around the corner. Supervalue is just at the left turn too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Are the prices good beertons?

Beans are a third the price of Tesco. Spices too. Prawns are cheaper than what my mam pays in Spain. She says they're great value. Ask him for the frozen chicken kebabs, they're awesome. Have yougart and mind handy though.

Seen one of the restaurants buying chicken fillets off him, big bag for 25 quid. I'm sure they're halal too.

• Advertisement

Is the supervalue the shop that was eurospar

Yes. It might be called Rushes now. But it'll always be Supervalue.

I abandon the car on the footpath beside it. Sure you wouldn't be there any more than 5 minutes. Never had a problem leaving it there.

Can you park at the back, across from the old swimming pool

I haven't been in there since the pool closed, but sure, why not.

Well, what did yee think of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

beertons wrote: »
    Well, what did yee think of it?

Haven't been in yet. Tried to park and wasn't in the right place (assumed customer parking outside but was seemingly wrong) a few men came out and told me to move, I would have had to drive around, turn back etc and was in a bit of a rush, so I didn't go back yet. Was thinking of going later today though. I'll park at supervalue this time :o

I park up on the footpath about 15 feet away.

Advertisement