Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARITECH CS 275 - keypad beeps every night

Options
  • 22-09-2015 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello, I have a home alarm system ARITECH CS 275 with voice module CS 535 and LCD keypad. The keypad has started beeping every night a couple of weeks ago and I am obliged to get up and go type the user password to silence it since then.

The company that installed the alarm (I live in tiny Luxembourg) has ceased to exist and I didn't find another support, therefore, being an IT person, I have been going through the installation manual and try to fix the problem myself ...

Checking the event log (via *90) reveals : "LowBatt Rest 0" and "LowBatt 0", indicating the exact same day/time the keypad beeps (00:04), so I guess that should be the reason, but still I don't know which battery it refers to (there is both an internal and an external siren).

Also, the keypad shows the message : Service Required Type *2 for help/ Control phone trouble - that might have caused by a land line maintenance - but it does not indicate an event day/time, and there are no other messages there whatsoever.

Now, I can't find on the installation manual (series CSx75) neither how to reset a service message, nor how to replace a battery, so what I did I turned on the Disabled Service message keypad feature via *93, and I have disabled the keypad sounder control for telephone line faults via *8, 0#, 49#, seg 1.1 & 1.2).

But, when I renable the service messages via *93 the message is sill there (although the telephone line works just fine!), and the beeps persists.

I have now also disabled just today the keypad sounder for low battery via *8, 0#, 49#, seg 1.4, but still don't know if it that will stop the beeping.

So, I would someone (Coolkid maybe ??) help me get rid of the bloody beeping, and possibly to kindly explain to me :

1. How to understand which battery is low and how to replace it.
    2. How to permanently reset the "Control Phone Trouble" message, or even to disable the phone interface via program mode (that has never worked well anyway, as Luxembourg was not even referenced in the manual at installation time, and has been using therefore country code 11 for Belgium).

=> for which I would be eternally gratefull !

Giancarlo

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this a wireless system?
    How long is it installed & how long since it was serviced?
    Also is there or was there monitoring on the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 galimonti

Hello KoolKid, thanks for your reply.

This is a fully cabled system. It's been installed about 12 years ago, never serviced, never monitored.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And if you leave it beeping does the alarm activate?
    If could be the panel battery or possibly the entry zone activating.
    Your panel sounds a lot different to what we use here in Ireland.

The alarm does not activate, it is only the keypad beeping. I think the reason is the low battery, but I don't know how to identify which one (panel, internal siren, external siren), and how to replace it afterwards. Also, I would need instructions to disable the voice module as I would like to get rid of my telephone line. Last but not least, how to get rid of the "service required /control phone trouble" message.

You would need the engineer code to do that.

You can change the battery yourself. If will be located in the main control panel.

• Advertisement

I do have the code, but how do I know which battery is low and what's the procedure to replace it?

The battery in the panel is the only battery it will notify you of if you don't have wireless.
    Its simply a matter of disconnecting it & replacing like with like & observing the polarity.

I see, but should I not enter in a specific programming mode before opening the panel and removing the battery ? Or even shutdown the whole system ?

If you have the engineer code enter that first. It will stop the alarm activating when you open the control panel.

OK thanks. Any ideas how to reset service message ? (control phone trouble)

• Advertisement

I have PMed you a link to a manual that may help.

That's the manual I have, but I can't find neither a procedure to reset the service messages, nor to disable the voice module prior to resigning the telephone landline.

That's the manual I have, but I can't find neither a procedure to reset service messages, nor to disable the voice module CS535 prior to disconnecting the telephone landline.

Advertisement