Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming

• 22-09-2015 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Saw a stable update from Henderson this week and some videos from Nicholls showing his firepower for this season so may as well get this annual thread opened. Someone else used to open this every yr year so figured I'd kick it off in his stead.

Post away!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think I might do a €100 to broke challenge on the jumpers this year, based purely on selecting tips/fancies from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Starting a programming course today it includes maths and stats, spoke with an actuary in work and they are predicting the likelyhood of a claim happening.

Going to see if I can create something with a predictor for racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Willie Mullins has ruined the jumps.
    Irish racing has gone to the dogs - its only the big festivals in England that are competitive and worth watching now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Slattsy wrote: »
    Irish racing has gone to the dogs - its only the big festivals in England that are competitive and worth watching now.

I take your point in relation to non competitive racing in ireland because mullins rules the roost in most big races, but to say he has ruined the jumps racing in ireland is a bit harsh. Lets not forget all the thrills he has given us with those great horses he has and still is training. Looking forward to the big festivals here and in the uk, its usually a mullins horse we are looking forward to see. I know its an old argument but its not his fault he seems to get all the best horses and that the owners have the deepest pockets.having said that, of course i would like to see a bit more competition among the irish trainers but long may mullins keep producing those amazing jump horses.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »

I disagree. The decline in the number of horses in training has as much to do with the lack of competition as anything. That is not the fault of any trainer.

Ruined it from a betting/joy perspective. I couldnt be arsed most of the time.

Jezki, my fav, out for the season.

Clonmel Thursdays start this week. A sure sign the season is kicking off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

some decent races in tipperary & gowran park this weeked

• Advertisement

Tipp especially so. I've been harping on here about Bachoson since I saw him win at Sligo. He is my one for the season. Viconte de Noyer has been running well so far and may run up a sequence. Winners bumper completes the card so plenty of action. Tomorrow at Gowran, snag list must be impressing at home to have people backing it at 1/2 this evening. Worth watching.

"it's the most wonderful time of the year"

Workman like performance by Bachason today. Interesting to see where he goes next.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd

Gold Cup hero Coneygree 'stronger than ever'
    BY ANDREW DIETZ 8:34AM 2 OCT 2015

CONNECTIONS of Coneygree have issued an update that will strike fear into their counterparts by insisting the Cheltenham Gold Cup hero is “stronger than ever”.

The Mark Bradstock-trained eight-year-old has not raced since becoming the first novice chaser in 41 years to land the jewel in jump racing’s crown, but he is impressing with his wellbeing as his team gear him up for a return to action.

Bradstock’s wife Sara wrote in her blog: “Coneygree looks better and stronger than ever and already I’m having to ride him out twice a day to keep the lid on his fresh antics without spoiling his fun.

“Nico [de Boinville] was delighted with the way that Coneygree jumped recently, especially as he was with the other experienced horses, who were all full of the joys of life and more than a little excited to be off the ground for the first time this season.”

A potential comeback could come in next month’s Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury where Coneygree would have to defy top weight.

He is a best-priced 8-1 to become the first horse since Best Mate to win back-to-back renewals of the Gold Cup next March.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Bachasson, The Game Changer and Cailin Annamh catching the eye this weekend.

Next week, my attention is turned towards the Munster national in Limerick

The New One returns at Kempton on Sunday

The new one got the job done but I didn't see the race.

Maputo seems to be one worth keeping an eye on, was decent on the flat for mark Johnson and seems to be making rapid progress for John Ferguson over hurdles.

No more heros, fav for rsa and tycoon prince , albertt Bartlett bound, get their campaigns up and running today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Very little value out there today

Coneygree makes his return today. Also the once mighty Flemenstar.

Cannot see Tycoon Prince taking any of the top 2 mile hurdle races this season. Poor effort today. Does not look a natural hurdle. Perhaps fences will be his game.

• Advertisement

Looked a mule.

Advertisement