Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safari shutting down in ios9

• 22-09-2015 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Since updating to ios9 Safari keeps shutting down and keeps stuttering almost every time i use it. Has anyone else experienced this? Iv tried hard resetting and closing all apps before using but it still keeps shutting down

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Since updating to ios9 Safari keeps shutting down and keeps stuttering almost every time i use it. Has anyone else experienced this? Iv tried hard resetting and closing all apps before using but it still keeps shutting down

Having similar issues with apps crashing & freezing!
    Safari shuts down also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Yeah, I'm noticing the stuttering on Safari when swiping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'd suggest erasing all content and settings and setting up as a new phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did you try clearing Safari’s history and cookies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Safari was great on IOS 7 - never crashed - since updating to 8 - instantly if the page is anyway complex at all the tab crashes and reloads (eg. www.broadsheet.ie crashes it everytime).

I will hold off 9 so until I upgrade if its even worse.

I've had to switch to Chrome - which works perfectly - pity because I did prefer the safari way of doing tabs.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
Advertisement