Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda High Viz Jackets?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Del2005 wrote: »
    Pick yourself up a "Polite" high viz, still makes me double take and I know about them.

http://www.highvisibility.uk.com/?route=product/product&product_id=81

seen a lad commuting through malahide rd wearing the same vest . sly fooker:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Saw ex police hi viz jackets in Army Surplus Warehouse, Carlow at the weekend. 40 quid, really good jackets, lots in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

Got sorted in the end lads, an extremely kind and generous member of boards " infacteh " donated one of his older Garda jackets to me, much appreciated ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I bought a couple of the UK jackets off www.onestopcopshop.co.uk. They were Gore-Tex and really, really good. Pretty cheap too, I think around £30. They had blank material heat sealed over the police sections, but they did have the blue and silver checker strips.

The website has been down for ages now, but you can find them on ebay.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That time of the year again when the eveings are getting darker. Anyone know if the type of hi-vis jackets the Gardai wear have body armour inside or are they just an over-jacket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That time of the year again when the eveings are getting darker. Anyone know if the type of hi-vis jackets the Gardai wear have body armour inside or are they just an over-jacket?

Just an over jacket. The armour is in the leathers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Yep. I dug out the High Vis this week. I reckon ill put the extra linings to my gear also in a few weeks. What I do now is buy the cheapest high vis I can find and get the missus to sow a zipper onto it. When its manky I cut off the zipper and re stitch it to a new vest. I find the Velcro doesnt stay closed for long on the motorway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

Keep an eye out for this in Aldi:

https://www.offerscheck.co.uk/motorcycle-hi-vis-vest/aldi/2015/kw-10/242329

I bought one two years ago and it's still in great nick. I use it quite a lot to, so it's holding up well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,357 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yep. I dug out the High Vis this week. I reckon ill put the extra linings to my gear also in a few weeks. What I do now is buy the cheapest high vis I can find and get the missus to sow a zipper onto it. When its manky I cut off the zipper and re stitch it to a new vest. I find the Velcro doesnt stay closed for long on the motorway.

September issue of Bike Buyers Guide has the free RSA hi-vis with zipper. All appear to be XL size only this year though (I picked up an XXL last year, not that I'm that big but it has to go over my textile jacket! :p )

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Thanks Hotblack. I'll see if there are any still available in Easons today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Deliberator

I have used www.anchorsupplies.com for a few bits and pieces. They have various ex-police style jackets.
    Muahahaha wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I have used www.anchorsupplies.com for a few bits and pieces. They have various ex-police .jackets.

Thanks for that, superb value on that site for 2nd hand police gear , I never thought it possible to buy a stab and ballistic vest for £9.95 !
    Just bought a used hi-vis police bomber jacket for £17.50 which should do me for this winter and many more to come :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

for a few bits and pieces. They have various ex-police style jackets.

I have used

Excellent site...thanks for sharing...

Advertisement