Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get new speakers to work

Options
  • 22-09-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

HI there,
    I bought GX gaming SW-G2.1 2000 Thunderclap Bass Gaming Speaker System today for my pc and I can not for the life of me get any sound of out them. I put them together as the instructions told me so and turned them on but there is no output at all from them.
    Am i missing something obvious here. I running Windows 10 and thought once I plugged them in that windows would detect them and install a driver? I googled for a driver but can't seem to find one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

If, as I understand, they use the line out of the PC then there would be no new driver required.

Check that you have them plugged into the correct socket on the PC and that you have the correct selection made on the unit itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

If, as I understand, they use the line out of the PC then there would be no new driver required.

Check that you have them plugged into the correct socket on the PC and that you have the correct selection made on the unit itself.

Would you believe I had to plug them into the monitor to get them to work! After reading your post i checked it to see if there was a socket there and lo and behold there was!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Does your monitor have speakers? The reason your new set may not have worked is that the default playback device was set to the HDMI output rather than the line out from your motherboard.

Advertisement