Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help with electric heater - see pic

Options
  • 22-09-2015 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

Recently moved into an apartment and have an electric water heater. I am not sure how to setup the heater so that I don't need to use the timer and can just set the water to heat up for when I need to shower. I need to set it up this way as I do shift work so the time that I am at home is constantly changing. Could anyone please explain how to do this? Also is it more expensive to do it this way as opposed to heating with a timer during the night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

You can just leave the water heater switch in the off position, and no water will be heated unless you use the boost function by turning the dial slightly anti-clockwise. This will heat water once only, and you will have to activate the boost every time you want hot water.

However if your hot water cylinder is well insulated and you have a dual rate ESB meter, then in may still be cheaper to heat on the night rate by leaving the switch on timed and avoiding use of the boost function during the day. These timers are usually installed when night rate electricity is available so this is probably the case in your apartment.

Brief user instructions here

Advertisement