Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aware 10km 2015

Options
  • 23-09-2015 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know that the date that this is on this year please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

tunney wrote: »
    Anyone know that the date that this is on this year please?

I'm getting dizzy reading that sentence, and I just can't stop re-reading it.

Try here

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

http://www.aware.ie/events/

Saturday 12th December

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anyone doing this on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Anyone doing this on Saturday?

Yeah, I signed up to do the 10km run. This will only be my second 10km race, the first being the run in the dark

Where would be a good spot to park up the car for this?

• Advertisement

Anyone go this today?
    I had signed up, little jog and a stretch last night and packed my bag. This morning was a pure wash out here and I had to decide by 7.30am if I was going as I had over an hour drive ahead of me. Decided not to go as driving in that rain, running in that rain and then drive back home again cold and damp. As Teresa Mannnion would say "don't make any unnecessary journeys".
    But well done to anyone who braved those conditions for a great cause.
    It's only just cleared up here now, I'm itching to get out for a run now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Baggirshorts

Did it go a head after all?
    I was going to do a 5K run this evening but the park was fairly flooded out in many parts....

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

It did indeed go ahead but it was bloody miserable. Cold, wet but not fortunately too windy which made it interesting on what wasn't an "easy" course. The road was pretty water logged too which created a few bottles necks (and in fairness some of the roads on the course were narrow enough to begin with).

There was a decent turn out, which surprised me, and the volunteers did a good job in encouraging us along (given the conditions they deserve a medal). The moros and jelly beans at the end were well earned by all and went down a treat.

Does anyone know where the times can be gotten?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Try my run results, it has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Difficult conditions but done the 10km yesterday and happy to match a PB, although stopped twice for shoe laces so my watch is telling me I knocked a minute off my PB :D:D:D

Some bottlenecks due to flooding but overall was organised well. What time did the 5km get released at as found the 2nd lap was constantly battling for a path through especially as felt was pushing for a PB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

chris85 wrote: »
    Difficult conditions but done the 10km yesterday and happy to match a PB, although stopped twice for shoe laces so my watch is telling me I knocked a minute off my PB :D:D:D

Some bottlenecks due to flooding but overall was organised well. What time did the 5km get released at as found the 2nd lap was constantly battling for a path through especially as felt was pushing for a PB.

5km were released at 10.25 (about 5 minutes early - considering the conditions that was the right decision to make)

Volunteers deserve a medal for sticking it out in those conditions

Advertisement