Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Fun Run 3rd October

Options
  • 23-09-2015 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭

Anyone want to do this with me?

http://www.dubsimon.ie/Portals/0/Fun%20Run%202014/FUN_MAP.jpg

It was my first race in 2012 and did it again in 2013. Couldn't last year as DCM training but ran by it on a long run last year and was sorry I was missing it. I want to see how well I do this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

Hi,

I'll be doing it. Horrific price though for a 5 miler: over €30 after the various transaction charges.

I'm doing it on the basis that I hardly ever get to run a 5 mile race anymore - everything seems to have moved up to the 10k mark. (Having said that, the 'Raheny 5' and the Sportsworld/Terenure/5-mile-Classic are two of my favourite road races and I try not to miss them each year).

I used to have a standing order for the Simon Community. The event is being marketed very much as a charity fundraiser, a walk rather than a race. So perhaps expect a bit of weaving for the first half mile until you get past the families with children etc on the starting line.

I like the idea of a race with the Khyber as a finishing mile. The BHAA's Garda race incorporates a stretch of that hill into a cross-country race and it's a great way to give the knees, lungs, heart a challenging finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ccoughlan

Hi. I was registered to do the run but something has come up and so can't make it. Shame to waste the entry so if you or anyone has a friend who wants to run with you let me know and can get u the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Hi,

I'll be doing it. Horrific price though for a 5 miler: over €30 after the various transaction charges.

I used to have a standing order for the Simon Community. The event is being marketed very much as a charity fundraiser, a walk rather than a race. So perhaps expect a bit of weaving for the first half mile until you get past the families with children etc on the starting line.

Hey GP, you should be ok as they have a sub 40 pen so hopefully the kids will be too busy chatting with their mates to notice and you'll have a good clear run. All the best. I hope the majority of the entry goes to Simon.
    Ccoughlan wrote: »
    Hi. I was registered to do the run but something has come up and so can't make it. Shame to waste the entry so if you or anyone has a friend who wants to run with you let me know and can get u the number.

Thanks very much for the offer but now I'm not even doing it as too many other things that have to be done on Saturday instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Looking forward to this tomorrow.
    I've never done a 5 miles only 5km and 10km.
    Here's hoping the last uphill stretch doesn't kill me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Looking forward to this tomorrow. I've never done a 5 miles only 5km and 10km. Here's hoping the last uphill stretch doesn't kill me!

Good woman, how did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

aquinn wrote: »
    Good woman, how did you get on?

I'm happy enough.
    Think I came in at 59 minutes but I've not seen the chip times yet.
    I usually average over 7 minutes a km so I think I was a little quicker than that overall.

I was just delighted to get up the Kyber!

Advertisement