Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should it cost to move from Vodafone to Meteor?

Options
  • 23-09-2015 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I have a phone so I just need a Meteor SIM card.
    My new plan is 20 Euros per month.
    So how much should I have to pay in the shop for both, basically to move.

Sorry, but can't find this info elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I have a phone so I just need a Meteor SIM card.
    My new plan is 20 Euros per month.
    So how much should I have to pay in the shop for both, basically to move.

Sorry, but can't find this info elsewhere.

You probably will pay nothing to Meteor, if are you are going on Prepay you might need to buy a top-up, Bill pay is charge to your bank, 1st charge might be for 2 months as most providers charge for a month in advance.

If you are on a bill-pay still in contract with Vodafone you will get a bill with the total of the remaining of your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭habanerocat

Thanks for reply.

I went on pre-pay but was charged 20 euros for the sim card and 20 euros for the top-up.
    They said that's what I needed to pay. It seemed excessive but I've searched their site and can't find any details what so ever.

Does that sound right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks for reply.

I went on pre-pay but was charged 20 euros for the sim card and 20 euros for the top-up.
    They said that's what I needed to pay. It seemed excessive but I've searched their site and can't find any details what so ever.

Does that sound right?

How much credit do you have in your account, could it be you have €40?

I find €20 charge for a SIM card is too much when it's free online.

Meteor have a Talk to here in Boards, they should confirm if the charge is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Does that sound right?

Doesn’t sound right.

I got a SIM card in a Meteor shop to check out signal reception and didn’t pay anything. Obviously need to top up to get any service but the SIM card was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭habanerocat

nava wrote: »
    How much credit do you have in your account, could it be you have €40?

I find €20 charge for a SIM card is too much when it's free online.

Meteor have a Talk to here in Boards, they should confirm if the charge is correct.

Yea, looks like I got 40 Euros credit. Which I didn't want. I rarely use 20 a month.

Must have been a misunderstanding.
    I must have asked for a SIM card and 20 Euros credit. Where I should have asked for a SIM card with 20 Euros credit. Either way I think they should have clarified it. Once bitten and all that......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Once bitten and all that......

Also check what price plan your on, they have different plans for calls, text and data. My understanding is you can have a top up offer AND a simplicity plan. Read here for more.

AFAIK, if you top up and want a different plan to your current one you need to change it BEFORE you top up. Text “offer” (without quotes) to 50104 to see what the current one is. I think it’s a bit sneaky by meteor to do it that way but they do spell it out to cover themselves.

Advertisement