Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recently moved and need to update your address?

Options
  • 23-09-2015 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Here are the ways you can update your postal address.

If you are registered for 365 Online and your mobile phone can receive security codes, you can you can complete a change of address request online for personal sole accounts using the online service desk.

Alternatively, you can print and complete the change of details form and return this to the following address:

BOI Change of Address Unit
    PO BOX 365
    Dublin 18

All requests to change your address must be accompanied by proof of your new address and documentation should be dated in the past 6 months.

• Utility bill – Gas/Electric/Landline/Water (dated within the last 6 months)
    • Registered tenancy agreement from reputable agency/registered landlord
    • Residential Mortgage offer letter with new address
    • Current household/motor insurance document
    • Current Revenue Commissioners documents (including P45, tax credits, Balancing Statement, C2 certificate)
    • Current Department of Social Welfare document relating to state pension and/or social welfare (we cannot accept PPSN letter)
    • Current financial institution statement
    • Credit card statement (dated within the last 6 months)
    • E-statements - must include logo of recognised financial institution
    • A current Irish/UK driving Licence

For joint accounts you will need to provide proof of your new address in joint names or two separate documents (one for each account holder) for the same address.

If you are a business customer, please contact the business adviser in your branch to update your address.

For accounts held in Northern Ireland, please send a written signed instruction to your Bank of Ireland branch.

UK account holders can send a written signed instruction to the following address:

Bank of Ireland UK
    PO Box 2124
    Belfast BT1 9RS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Serena123

I moved out this Saturday, I got my debit card stolen on Monday.
    I called you on Tuesday to change my address and have a new card.
    I received an email on Tuesday asking for a proof of address. I sent it.
    You replied on WEDNESDAY saying I didn't attach the proof of address - IT WAS ATTACHED.
    I understand you might haven't seen it, after all it's a repetitive job - I SENT AGAIN THE SAME ATTACHMENT.

I received an email on THURSDAY saying you don't have access to my account and can't check my proof of address. 
    I called the customer service, DAVID told me he would follow up and call me max this morning.
    I didn't receive any news.
    I have my card blocked, I can't hailo, I can't use my bike, I can't buy grocery, I can't do anything and I don't have a job that allows me to go to your stupid bank to withdraw money.
    I WILL BE TRAVELLING TOMORROW and I don't have money.

WHO IS GOING TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT?
    I want this case escalated immediately.

Thanks,
    Serena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Serena123 wrote: »
    I moved out this Saturday, I got my debit card stolen on Monday.
    I called you on Tuesday to change my address and have a new card.
    I received an email on Tuesday asking for a proof of address. I sent it.
    You replied on WEDNESDAY saying I didn't attach the proof of address - IT WAS ATTACHED.
    I understand you might haven't seen it, after all it's a repetitive job - I SENT AGAIN THE SAME ATTACHMENT.

I received an email on THURSDAY saying you don't have access to my account and can't check my proof of address. 
    I called the customer service, DAVID told me he would follow up and call me max this morning.
    I didn't receive any news.
    I have my card blocked, I can't hailo, I can't use my bike, I can't buy grocery, I can't do anything and I don't have a job that allows me to go to your stupid bank to withdraw money.
    I WILL BE TRAVELLING TOMORROW and I don't have money.

WHO IS GOING TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT?
    I want this case escalated immediately.

Thanks,
    Serena
    Good Morning Serena, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.ie

Could you please PM us your full name, the branch where you opened your account and your contact telephone number, and we will look into this for you. 

Many Thanks, 

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MuhammadAsif

Hi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi
    Hi MuhammadAsif, 

Welcome to Boards.ie. 

Is there anything we can help you with here? 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Hi, I moved recently and I need to change my address. But I can't get proof of address, for which I need a proof of address, and it goes on and on full circle... Utility bills are on landlord's name.

Frustrating....

Rant over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Barna77 wrote: »
    Hi, I moved recently and I need to change my address. But I can't get proof of address, for which I need a proof of address, and it goes on and on full circle... Utility bills are on landlord's name.

Frustrating....

Rant over
    Hi Barna77, thanks for getting in touch.

We do need to have proof of your new address to update this information for your bank account. But if you don’t have a utility bill in your name you can use a tenancy agreement from a registered landlord for proof of your new address instead.

We can also accept a recent car insurance document, a document from the Revenue Commissioners or from the Dept. of Social Welfare.

Let me know if you need any further help with this.
    Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

This service is painfully slow. I requested that my personal account and joint account addresses be updated close to a month ago and have still heard nothing back for my personal account.
    The joint account address was rejected because, wait for it, our BOI mortgage statement for the new address was deemed inadequate. I mean, seriously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Heroditas wrote: »
    This service is painfully slow. I requested that my personal account and joint account addresses be updated close to a month ago and have still heard nothing back for my personal account.
    The joint account address was rejected because, wait for it, our BOI mortgage statement for the new address was deemed inadequate. I mean, seriously...
    Hi Heroditas

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear of the delay you are experiencing with your address change. 

For help with your query, we would recommend logging into your account online and select our 'Online Service Desk'. Within the drop down menu please select the  'Ask A Question' option. By submitting your query here, a colleague will have access to your banking and can investigate and follow up with you also.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Hi, My girlfriend and I recently came back from living in Canada and are currently living with my parents but are moving to New Zealand next month. Her address with you is currently her fathers address but he is planning on moving shortly, so before we go we need her address changed to where we are currently staying.

Because we just came back from Canada she has absolutely no proof of address, she recently got a letter from Immigration New Zealand but you deemed this unacceptable. We are frustrated and don't know what else to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Liam90 wrote: »
    Hi, My girlfriend and I recently came back from living in Canada and are currently living with my parents but are moving to New Zealand next month. Her address with you is currently her fathers address but he is planning on moving shortly, so before we go we need her address changed to where we are currently staying.

Because we just came back from Canada she has absolutely no proof of address, she recently got a letter from Immigration New Zealand but you deemed this unacceptable. We are frustrated and don't know what else to do.
    Hi Liam90, 

Thanks for your post.

I can understand your frustration, but to change her address she will need proof of address. We will except a balancing statement from the Revenue Commissioners, she could request one to her current address.

Thanks
    Janette

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hi,

I changed my address using the online service desk and sent my documents in for change of address on 15th March and have not got confirmation as of yet if my address has been changed. Could you check this for me if I PM you my details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Colemania wrote: »
    Hi,

I changed my address using the online service desk and sent my documents in for change of address on 15th March and have not got confirmation as of yet if my address has been changed. Could you check this for me if I PM you my details?

Hi Colemania,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

A text message is usually sent to the phone registered on B365 to confirm the address has been updated.

As we’ve no account access here we’re unable to check this for you, however if you send your query in via B365 online Service desk using the ‘Ask a question’ option a representative with account access will reply to confirm if the address has been updated.

Thanks again,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

If you are registered for 365 Online and your mobile phone can receive security codes, you can you can complete a change of address request online for personal sole accounts using the online service desk.

Alternatively, you can print and complete the change of details form and return this to the following address:

PO BOX 365
    Dublin 18

All requests to change your address must be accompanied by proof of your new address and documentation should be dated in the past 6 months.

• Current Revenue Commissioners documents (including P45, tax credits, Balancing Statement, C2 certificate)
    • Current Department of Social Welfare document relating to state pension and/or social welfare (we cannot accept PPSN letter)

[*]

For joint accounts you will need to provide proof of your new address in joint names or two separate documents (one for each account holder) for the same address.

If you are a business customer, please contact the business adviser in your branch to update your address.

For accounts held in Northern Ireland, please send a written signed instruction to your Bank of Ireland branch.

UK account holders can send a written signed instruction to the following address:

Bank of Ireland UK
    PO Box 2124
    Belfast BT1 9RS
    [*]
    I wish it were that simple, I have been trying to change my address for almost two years, I have emailed my branch, I have called into my branch and gave direct instruction, I have telephoned my branch, I have tried BOI 365, even submitted the above information,  I got someone to change the address on one of my accounts once because I owed you money and now I get an email saying a letter from you has been returned because you don't have my address, oops sorry, you can write to my complaints department but please don't email as we don't give out email addresses no that's actually you lot. I should point out that I live in Australia, I pay for two postal redirection so if BOI haven't got my address despite my numerous attempts to get it updated, tough banana's!! I hope its not important like I owe you money or something! anyway I though you didn't do email or is that only when its suits. I am an extremely unhappy customer and only for I need Irish bank accounts would close the lot in the morning with you lot if I could. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

No6 wrote: »

PO BOX 365
    Dublin 18

[*]

Bank of Ireland UK
    PO Box 2124
    Belfast BT1 9RS

[*]
    I wish it were that simple, I have been trying to change my address for almost two years, I have emailed my branch, I have called into my branch and gave direct instruction, I have telephoned my branch, I have tried BOI 365, even submitted the above information,  I got someone to change the address on one of my accounts once because I owed you money and now I get an email saying a letter from you has been returned because you don't have my address, oops sorry, you can write to my complaints department but please don't email as we don't give out email addresses no that's actually you lot. I should point out that I live in Australia, I pay for two postal redirection so if BOI haven't got my address despite my numerous attempts to get it updated, tough banana's!! I hope its not important like I owe you money or something! anyway I though you didn't do email or is that only when its suits. I am an extremely unhappy customer and only for I need Irish bank accounts would close the lot in the morning with you lot if I could. Cheers
    [*]
    Good Afternoon No6,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie 

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service provided, we have updated the process of changing addresses now so that you can scan and send documents via email. This is for the convenience of our customers as this is a recent implementation, it may not have been available at the time you were attempting to change your address. 

If you still need to change your address please note you can do so through the Online Service Desk of your 365 Online profile. 

Apologies again, and if there is anything we can help with please let us know. 

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I submitted the proof of address on Friday 15th. I haven't heard anything from BoI so far, neither approved or turned down.

Due to working hours I can't go into any branch and check there. How could I find out if the address has been updated, or not?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Barna77 wrote: »
    I submitted the proof of address on Friday 15th. I haven't heard anything from BoI so far, neither approved or turned down.

Due to working hours I can't go into any branch and check there. How could I find out if the address has been updated, or not?

Thanks
    Hi Barna77,

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear that you have not yet received an update on this change of address request. You can query this on 365 Online by going to the Online Service Desk and then the Ask a Question option from the drop down menu and our representative will look into this on your account. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1 adrian12345

I am trying to change my address, I downloaded the form from your website and sent said form to you people last month but have heard nothing. I live in the UK and do not have a current account. Unless you people have my correct address, I am unable to establish a 365 online facility, hence I need to ring your antiquated credit card service office (30 minutes on hold on a good day) every time I need a balance on my account. 

Now why can you not change my address?

Adrian   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

I am trying to change my address, I downloaded the form from your website and sent said form to you people last month but have heard nothing. I live in the UK and do not have a current account. Unless you people have my correct address, I am unable to establish a 365 online facility, hence I need to ring your antiquated credit card service office (30 minutes on hold on a good day) every time I need a balance on my account. 

Now why can you not change my address?

Adrian   
    Hi adrian12345

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear you did not receive confirmation of the request sent and for the phone delay you have experienced trying to reach us.

Is it just the BOI Credit Card you have with us? If it's a personal Credit Card, perhaps our new Card Care site will be of interest to you.

Personal Credit Card holders can change their address, see real time balance and many other benefits. More information can be seen here 

If we can help further please do get in contact with us again.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gygabyte

Hello,

I need to change the address of my Car Finance with BOI.

which address can I post a letter to? or alternatively is there an email address?

Thanks,
    Pedro 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi gigabyte,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

To update your address on your car finance agreement you can send a written request with a proof of address to:

Bank of Ireland Finance,
    PO BOX
    First Floor
    Cabinteely
    D18

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Advertisement
Advertisement