Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT Bike advice

Options
  • 23-09-2015 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Was gonna post this in the Cycling thread but thought it would be better placed here. Basically, I have a road bike already but would like to buy a specific TT bike for Triathlon. My budget would be between 2000 - 3000 Euro MAX.

Any ideas on what would be the best options in this price range?

Was thinking along these lines (maybe with a wheel upgrade):
    http://www.thetristore.com/product/argon-18-e-112-105-triathlon-bike-2015.aspx

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

This time of year you would be as well to check out local stores are they will possibly have 2015 bikes reduced to make way for new 2016 stock.

You'll get many different views as people are fans of their own bikes. Don't forget the 2nd hand market or ex demo options too where you might get more bang for your buck even on trade-ins from others moving up the ranks of bike specs.

Might be worth investing in a proper bike fitting first so you know what frame geometry to be looking out for too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Cona wrote: »
    Was gonna post this in the Cycling thread but thought it would be better placed here. Basically, I have a road bike already but would like to buy a specific TT bike for Triathlon. My budget would be between 2000 - 3000 Euro MAX.

Any ideas on what would be the best options in this price range?

Was thinking along these lines (maybe with a wheel upgrade):
    http://www.thetristore.com/product/argon-18-e-112-105-triathlon-bike-2015.aspx

Any other suggestions?

what height are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

5 ft 11'

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Cona wrote: »
    5 ft 11'

Hi

I am selling a cervelo p2c with zipp 404 front and 808 rear with a wheel cover.

It's a 54 and I am 5'10.

It's on done deal. Here

http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/cervelo-p2c-time-trial-bike-triathlon/10400163

If interested give me a shout.

Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

Every few months there is a post on this. Its very difficult, the shops are not set up great for sales. Generally your sitting on a turbo in a shop or at best cycling around a car park. I wont mention the shop but once I was on a frame in a shop with no pedals and the bloke says to me "how does that feel". Eh ****.

Not sure what level your at but get a half decent bike, get a proper bike fit and train hard. That should mitigate nearly all of the variation from manufacturer to manufacturer. I got an Exocet2 in the end, it fits yours budget, it comes with deep section wheels and i've had no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Make sure the bike fits you. Personally I'd recommend a bike fit beforehand to see what models suit you. Depending on where you are based I'm sure people might recommend someone for this service. Another option is a triathlon coach. I'm sure they help many of their clients pick bikes that suit their physique and budget.

When Fernando was in Dublin he was the business. Not sure if there's anyone else that provides as good a service.

I'd try to avoid someone affiliated with a shop in case they try to push the shops selection on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

pgibbo wrote: »
    Make sure the bike fits you. Personally I'd recommend a bike fit beforehand to see what models suit you. Depending on where you are based I'm sure people might recommend someone for this service. Another option is a triathlon coach. I'm sure they help many of their clients pick bikes that suit their physique and budget.

When Fernando was in Dublin he was the business. Not sure if there's anyone else that provides as good a service.

I'd try to avoid someone affiliated with a shop in case they try to push the shops selection on you.

Alot, if not most, shops sell that they have or what has the highest margin rather than what you need. get advice first!

Advertisement