Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question regarding a cheque with two names on it and account payee only

Options
  • 23-09-2015 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to lodge a cheque which has been made out to my partner and myself. It is also account payee only. 

The issue is that we don't have a joint account that cheques can be lodged into.

Can you advise if we can both sign it and then deposit it into either my account or her account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

elmer wrote: »
    I'm looking to lodge a cheque which has been made out to my partner and myself. It is also account payee only. 

The issue is that we don't have a joint account that cheques can be lodged into.

Can you advise if we can both sign it and then deposit it into either my account or her account?
    Hi elmer,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

As the Cheque is made out to yourself and your partner it will need to be lodged to an account in both your names. Alternatively you can ask the payee of the cheque to reissue the cheque in one name to allow you to lodge the cheque to a sole.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

Advertisement