Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Broadband?

Options
  • 23-09-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi

Is there an issue with the Eircom network as have noticed that browsing is slow today so ran a few ping tests and can see ping drops outside of eircom network?

For example when I ping Eircom DNS server 159.134.0.1 there are no drops and a 9ms response.

However if I ping google DNS 8.8.8.8 getting drops every fourth or fifth ping and a response time of 40ms (normally 25ms) simlar result from pinging Microsoft.com and Google second dns 8.8.4.4.

As not getting any drops from Eircom DNS server fairly sure its not an issue at my end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    efibre in Galway running very slowly... 40Mb download profile but max speed is less than 1Mb....

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

I am also in Galway and getting lots of timeouts and cant open few web pages in America. Never seen the network this bad, its always flawless. Are there issues in Galway?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Same here, on efibre in Limerick, Download of 0.93 but strangely upload is 15.22

Pings to google are 50-75 ms with 25% loss

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

Similar issue here in Dublin.  No surprise that there has not been a response from Eircom yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Similar issue here in Dublin.  No surprise that there has not been a response from Eircom yet.
    I got the Eir rebranding news today in the post. Just spent 25 minutes on hold and hung up trying to report the problem, not a great start at a rebrand.

Still no answer in here or twitter, better pass this on the the great people who spent all that money on rebranding instead of customer service.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    Seems better now in Galway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

I got the Eir rebranding news today in the post. Just spent 25 minutes on hold and hung up trying to report the problem, not a great start at a rebrand.

Still no answer in here or twitter, better pass this on the the great people who spent all that money on rebranding instead of customer service.
    They are only online here from 12-5pm. Maybe they will catch up soon.

Can't get a few sites to work properly here in Sligo either!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

prodsc wrote: »
    Similar issue here in Dublin. No surprise that there has not been a response from Eircom yet.

They are only online here from 12-5pm. Maybe they will catch up soon.

Can't get a few sites to work properly here in Sligo either!

Point I was trying to make was that if they knew they had a problem, that this was one possible way to communicate it and reduce the load on thier call center. 12-5 is so semi-state.... no, wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

MBSnr wrote: »
    ^^^
    Same for me in Wicklow Town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

jspuds wrote: »
    MBSnr wrote: »
    ^^^
    Same for me in Wicklow Town
    Hi guys
    apologies that we did not have information on this. We have been advised that there was an issue on our fibre and DSL services from 11.30  until approx. 12.15 yesterday morning. This issue was resolved.
    If you are still seeing same issue as reported above please let us know.
    Thanks
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement