Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driving other cars extension

Options
  • 23-09-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi Liberty Insurance,

I recently got a quote from your website for car insurance (Fully Comp) and i am wondering if it will allow me to drive other cars? If not, how much extra does this cost?

I am 28 yr old female with 7 yrs insurance in own name and 7 yrs claim free.

Thanks,

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

bizebee wrote: »
    Hi Liberty Insurance,

I recently got a quote from your website for car insurance (Fully Comp) and i am wondering if it will allow me to drive other cars? If not, how much extra does this cost?

I am 28 yr old female with 7 yrs insurance in own name and 7 yrs claim free.

Thanks,
    Hi Bizebee
    If you are the policy holder you should be covered to drive any other private car which you do not own or have not hired or leased. The vehicle cannot be owned by your employer or hired to them under a hire-purchase or lease agreement. This only covers private passenger vehicles and does not include vans, car-vans, jeep-type vehicles with no seats in the back or vans adapted to carry passengers. You must also;

Hold a full European Union (EU) licence

The use of the vehicle must be covered in the Certificate of Insurance

Cover must not be provided for you on that vehicle by any other insurance company

You must have the vehicle owners permission to drive the vehicle

The vehicle must be in a roadworthy condition

You still have the insured vehicle and it is not damaged beyond cost effective repair.

If you want to PM us with your quotation details I can arrange for someone to contact you and confirm that you would be covered for driving other vehicles.
    Regards

Seán

Advertisement