Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier: Sligo to Dublin

Options
  • 23-09-2015 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need 2 parcels couriered to Dublin. Small enough, but heavy enough.

Any recommendations? I tried phoning Nightline in Rathedmond, but not answering phone. (I think I might have to arrange Collection with them via Dublin office?).

Any local recommendations? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Parcel Motel can be decent value depending on the size of the parcel you're sending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Thanks,

Largest probably 2.5 ft x 1ft (metal)
    Smallest 16" x 10". (wood and metal). Both heavy.

Do I just package up and go to their office and pay? Where is it?

Nightline Dublin say I have to pay on line via an account.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Kettleson wrote: »
    Thanks,

For Parcel Motel you do it all online then drop the parcel into one of their lockers. I doubt the accept anything that big though so probably aren't much use to you.

Yes, probably. I've had much bigger (but lighter) deliveries made by Nightline, for about €18. So might be best to stick with them.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Kettleson wrote: »
    Thanks,

Can bring it in to their depot in the IDA its the first right if you come from the town side.

• Advertisement

Thanks Shane. I just been checking on line and the cost, due to weight is €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

GLS shop on Stephen Street (Matt Lyons) charge by measurement, they don't take the weight into it.

https://gls-group.eu/IE/en/occasional-shipment/parcel-shops

Pricing is shown in the link

Nice one Red Bellied. Good to know that service exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Other options would be Fastway and DPD who both have depots in Collooney. Think you'd have to get in contact with them to get a price.
    Other options would be DHL, UPS and An Post, but could see them being a bit of a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I'd second DPD, the depot is in the business park behind the filling station, on the next left after CMD Training. They should be able to deliver no problem I would assume, although paying cash could be a stickler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Go to one of the comparison sites like www.parcel2go.com/ie or www.parceldirect.ie and put in the weight/measurements, they'll give you the best price, and collect from your door.

Advertisement