Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New licence reduces the number of cartridges I'm allowed

Options
  • 23-09-2015 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I recently renewed my shotgun licence and just received the new licence today. I noticed that the new licence restricts me to 100 cartridges rather than the 500 allowed on my previous licence. I just wrote a letter to the Superintendent explaining that I do a lot of pigeon shooting and if I am restricted to 100 cartridges I'll be forced to make frequent trips to the Firearms Dealer for ammunition and also the cost will be much higher if I have to buy smaller quantities.

Anyone here face a similar situation ? Do ye think the Super will issue a new licence to me reinstating a limit of 500 cartridges ? If so, can I take it that I will not have the pay the licensing fee again , bearing in mind I already paid it for the licence they just issued to me ?

Any guidance appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you renewed it you used the FCR renewal. Did yo check the ammo amount on the FCR before signing? Was it 500?

If so then it's a simple mistake. If you wrote a letter explaining why you need them, and that you previously held that amount then i'm sure a new license will be issued. I've had it a few times myself and within a week i got the new license.

And no, it doesn't cost anything for the new print.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭brianfrancis45

Cass , I forgot to check the ammo amount on the FCR. I've written a letter to the Super enclosing a copy of my old licence which shows 500 cartridges and explained why a restricted amount of 100 would cause me a lot of inconvenience and extra cost. Hopefully the Super will agree to issue the license again allowing 500 and it's good to know that I will not have to pay again. Thanks for your guidance which is much appreciated.

Advertisement