Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Carlisle Utd - 8 PM KO no telly, no radio coverage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Delighted with that!!!!!!

How the mighty have fallen.

Which set of fans is prouder of their team tonight?

Our best performance of the season.

Scored 4 goals and Bogdan saved 3 penalties.

Plenty of shot practice aswell.

Only negative was our best defender being injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

bad form to diss Lovren people, would not wish injury on an opposing player not to mind one of ours, no matter what I think of him. Leave that kind of sh1t to the mancs and the chavs.

Unlucky tonight lads, good game

• Site Banned Posts: 143 ✭✭Fellaindinho

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Be careful

Moyes could be taking over at Anfield

Oh how sweet it would be

Moyes would come back to haunt utd though.
    Fellaini would be a turncoat.

Moyes would come back to haunt utd though.
    Fellaini would be a turncoat.

Hey you :)

• Advertisement

• SlickRic wrote: »
    Yes. The win is largely meaningless as we actually drew.

If he's going to get sacked, it'd be for the performance before the shootout, not because we did penalties better than Carlisle.

A loss here on top of a ton of awful results over nearly 15-20 matches now but if he lost tonight it would have been bye bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Be careful

Oh how sweet it would be

On recent results at Real Sociodad (ignoring the last one), I think not.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hey you :)

Oh you.
    Hello.
    How are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

bad form to diss Lovren people, would not wish injury on an opposing player not to mind one of ours, no matter what I think of him. Leave that kind of sh1t to the mancs and the chavs.
    Caaaalm dooooown!

A loss here on top of a ton of awful results over nearly 15-20 matches now but if he lost tonight it would have been bye bye

Jaysus Mick, I've never seen a lad more obsessed with an opposing team. An opposing team in England too, Fair play.

Unlucky tonight, poor pens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

B17G wrote: »
    On recent results at Real Sociodad (ignoring the last one), I think not.

Well, it would mean he would be available fairly soon to step in and replace Rodgers should he be let go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nib wrote: »
    Caaaalm dooooown!

Ha, brilliant, cause that's the Liverpool thing from the Harry Enfield sketch.

In stitches, mate! Quality.

Oh you.
    Hello.
    How are you?

Not too bad.

Alls's well. Place hasnt changed

• Sand wrote: »
    Well, it would mean he would be available fairly soon to step in and replace Rodgers should he be let go.

This

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not too bad.

Alls's well. Place hasnt changed

Sure I wouldn't know.

I'm not who you think I am by the way.
    Sorry, I amnt who you think I am.

Sand wrote: »

Cruel, so cruel........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    *cough* David Moyes?

Short memories eh?

United had a poor squad

Liverpool have a poor squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

United had a poor squad

Liverpool have a poor squad

It was a squad that won the league by over 10 points the year before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Sure I wouldn't know.

Your not the BMNC are you?....

Your not the BMNC are you?....

Remember that mac c***.

• Advertisement

Sure I wouldn't know.

You're a pool fan I take it? Welcome to the club like the rest of us gowls

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Be careful

Oh how sweet it would be

Do you actually seriously think there is even the slightest chance Liverpool would offer Moyes the job? Seriously? There would be no one at games if that happened.

If you honestly think that (As opposed to just on the wind up again) you are even more ridiculous than I thought.

5starpool wrote: »
    Do you actually seriously think there is even the slightest chance Liverpool would offer Moyes the job? Seriously? There would be no one at games if that happened.

If you honestly think that (As opposed to just on the wind up again) you are even more ridiculous than I thought.

No, he's bad at this game, he should have said Gary Monk, which is both plausable and underwhelming. Or he could have pushed the boat out so far it would reach hilarious proportions, like Alex McLeish, but nah.

5starpool wrote: »

Manager with bags of PL experience. He knows how to organise a team to get the best out of limited players. He is likely available and looking to get back into the PL and the Liverpool area.

As opposed to Klopp who will potentially have offers from Real, City, Chelsea or Bayern Munich in the next few months. Who has never managed in the PL. And left his last club unable to get a performance out of a much higher class of player than he will have at Liverpool.

One is a lot more realistic then the other. And is actually the better option too for Liverpool.

• Sand wrote: »
    Manager with bags of PL experience. He knows how to organise a team to get the best out of limited players. He is likely available and looking to get back into the PL and the Liverpool area.

As opposed to Klopp who will potentially have offers from Real, City, Chelsea or Bayern Munich in the next few months. Who has never managed in the PL. And left his last club unable to get a performance out of a much higher class of player than he will have at Liverpool.

One is a lot more realistic then the other. And is actually the better option too for Liverpool.

Yet again Sand nails it for me

I don't care how suited he is in theory, there is almost zero chance of him ever being offered the job. I'm sure you know that though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Manager with bags of PL experience. He knows how to organise a team to get the best out of limited players.

Where was all this when he was United manager?

Tranmere Rovers, Crewe, Marine etc might have vacancies in the future........

He's available at 100/1. Fill your boots to continue the delusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Grayditch wrote: »
    Remember that mac c***.

Caaaaaalllmmm Doooowwwwwwn.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Caaaaaalllmmm Doooowwwwwwn.

Wait, that's him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

RayCon wrote: »

Well, it was a wise choice, wasn't it?!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Grayditch wrote: »
    Wait, that's him?

Lol, I never said that.

Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

what car crash tripe of a match thread

I'd say he's still in the job because nobody better is available, an interim manager could do even worse

Somebody like Capello could be a better shout than the dreamland Klopp and Ancelotti calls, he is a proven winner at least and would attract a better quality player than Liverpool currently possess

Not sure what his current occupational status is, I think the Russians sacked him. He seems to be available to whoever as long as they pay him well

• Advertisement

I'd say he's still in the job because nobody better is available, an interim manager could do even worse

Somebody like Capello could be a better shout than the dreamland Klopp and Ancelotti calls, he is a proven winner at least and would attract a better quality player than Liverpool currently possess

Not sure what his current occupational status is, I think the Russians sacked him. He seems to be available to whoever as long as they pay him well

I don't know could them managers attract the big names. Utd can't even do it anymore and they have only been ****e for two years. With clubs like Utd offering 300k a week to sit on the bench what chance do Liverpool have.

Anymore? United never attracted the big names sure

Anymore? United never attracted the big names sure

The top top players won't go to Utd anymore. 40 million on a young fella. schweinsteiger is a good player but why did Bayern want to let him go. When Utd are offering 300k a week to players how is any manager at liverpool supposed to compete. Managers will have to take chances.

United never attracted the big names, you are making no sense

They still dominated English football however

United never attracted the big names, you are making no sense

They still dominated English football

Why you acting like a dick.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why you acting like a dick.

You are trying to have a dig at United by saying they can't sign big name players anymore when they never did in the first place, what big name players did United sign before 2013?

You are trying to have a dig at United by saying they can't sign big name players anymore when they never did in the first place, what big name players did United sign before 2013?

I wasn't having a dig I was saying if Utd can't sign the big names how are liverpool going to. You said if Capello was in charge he could attract top players but I think he would have to take as much chances as Rodgers did.

I wasn't having a dig I was saying if Utd can't sign the big names how are liverpool going to. You said if Capello was in charge he could attract top players but I think he would have take as much chances as Rodgers did.

I said if Capello was in charge you could sign better quality players than you have now, which is hardly a crazy opinion to hold

You spend about 25 million each on Lallana, Lovren, Markovic and Firmino and it looks like barely any of them know how to play football barring Lallana who has mastered the Cruff turn but little else. I'm assuming with 100 million Capello could sign 2 or 3 good players

I said if Capello was in charge you could sign better quality players than you have now, which is hardly a crazy opinion to hold

You spend about 25 million each on Lallana, Lovren, Markovic and Firmino and it looks like barely any of them know how to play football barring Lallana who has mastered the Cruff turn but little else. I'm assuming with 100 million Capello could sign 2 or 3 good players

Firminhio is only at the club a few months. Lovern looked the real deal at Southampton in fairness to Rodgers. Markovic does look a waste in fairness. Di Maria cost nearly as much as all of them together. I personally think the players are good enough to challenge for top 4 but the manager has lost them so they won't fulfill their potential under him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Where was all this when he was United manager?

He said get the best out of limited players not title winning players.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    He said get the best out of limited players not title winning players.

I thought the squad was poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

It was but that was a reflection of the league as a whole that it still was capable of winning the title and it was certainly miles ahead of this current Liverpool one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

dixiefly wrote: »
    What a relief for Liverpool.

I remember the celebrations when they beat United in the League Cup final in 2003 and the celebrations the time they nearly won the league.

Great celebrations repeated tonight.

FYP.:cool:

It was poor, but ironically enough the likes of Ferdinand and Vidic still thought they were top class players so were offended when Moyes offered them advice and direction based on his experience with Everton. To deal with the malaise it took a guy like LVG who was not impressed by being offered the United job, but simply took it as his due. He just didn't give a feck about certain fan mascots like Nani and a lot of fans are still bitter about that.

The Liverpool squad on the other hand largely know and accept they are at best a top 8 side. Moyes wont have to deal with any fading, aged divas who can no longer back up their bark with a bite now that Gerrard has moved on.

I think Moyes will do a good job at Liverpool and will improve them to a consistent top 6 side. And I think the likes of FSG are looking around at their options and Moyes figures highly. Klopp was available this summer, but FSG stuck with Rodgers. If you assume Rodgers is on borrowed time, then its because FSG are waiting for their top pick - Moyes - to become available.

It was poor, but ironically enough the likes of Ferdinand and Vidic still thought they were top class players so were offended when Moyes offered them advice and direction based on his experience with Everton. To deal with the malaise it took a guy like LVG who was not impressed by being offered the United job, but simply took it as his due. He just didn't give a feck about certain fan mascots like Nani and a lot of fans are still bitter about that.

The Liverpool squad on the other hand largely know and accept they are at best a top 8 side. Moyes wont have to deal with any fading, aged divas who can no longer back up their bark with a bite now that Gerrard has moved on.

I think Moyes will do a good job at Liverpool and will improve them to a consistent top 6 side. And I think the likes of FSG are looking around at their options and Moyes figures highly. Klopp was available this summer, but FSG stuck with Rodgers. If you assume Rodgers is on borrowed time, then its because FSG are waiting for their top pick - Moyes - to become available.

This man knows his stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement