Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thanks to your stupid name change....

Options
  • 23-09-2015 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

and subsequent website change (both of which btw look and sound absolutely awful) i have now lost the saved password to get into my online account to check it and will no doubt have to go through a process of emailing back and forth and revealing mothers maiden names etc to get it back .. thanks a bunch, great work there EIRCOM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    and subsequent website change (both of which btw look and sound absolutely awful) i have now lost the saved password to get into my online account to check it and will no doubt have to go through a process of emailing back and forth and revealing mothers maiden names etc to get it back .. thanks a bunch, great work there EIRCOM
    Eir Eir!!!

I'll get my coat.

haven't tried logging in myself to the service, hadn't even considered this issue. Great point OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

yup I am locked out of my account, and have twice requested that you email me details on getting a new password, only to be told

"We've sent you an email.
    Please check your inbox and click on the link that will allow you to change your password."

And both times I haven't received any email and I've checked all my spam folders etc,so please sort this out ASAP

what a shambles .

hello hello HELLOOOOO 

im sorry for calling you Eircom ill call you eir from now on i promise.. so can you please reply to my question 

• Registered Users Posts: 29 delta echo charlie oscar

I used to be with emobile, i got a text message from eir mobile yesterday saying your eir mobile bill is due on xx/xx/15, cant log on either to check my account! THANK YOU E(IR) MOBILE for locking me out of my account!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

You can retrieve your saved password easily. Google is your friend. 

• Advertisement

It's OK Eircon I just noticed in my inbox that you finally sent me a password retrieval form at 3am in the morning so I'm back on your website again,
    I can't wait till my current contract is up so I can move to an internet provider that puts millions into improving their infrastructure instead of spending it on a stupid needless name change,

& also one where I don't have to pay line rental on a phone I never use

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I can't wait till my current contract is up so I can move to an internet provider that puts millions into improving their infrastructure instead of spending it on a stupid needless name change,
    Point of information, the VDSL infrastructure was a billion Euro investment.

What's exactly the problem you're having? We're with them and haven't noticed anything with account logins. What exactly should we be looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

& also one where I don't have to pay line rental on a phone I never use

Do they still charge line rental on top of them massively priced plans ! Holy god.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Firefox -

Menu > Options > Security > Saved Passwords > Type "eircom" or whatever into the search box at the top. Then click the "Show Passwords" button.

Chrome -

Menu > Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Manage Passwords > Type "eircom" into the search box. Click "Show" button beside the correct username entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TheChizler wrote: »
    Point of information, the VDSL infrastructure was a billion Euro investment.

What's exactly the problem you're having? We're with them and haven't noticed anything with account logins. What exactly should we be looking for?
    Sounds like OP was relying on his browser to remember his password for him, so when eircom changed name it no longer brought up his password and he had to try and get it reset.

Totally eir's fault. Totally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I was wondering was it something like that but gave them the benefit of the doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

TheChizler wrote: »
    I was wondering was it something like that but gave them the benefit of the doubt!
    Hi Guys and thanks MJohnston for outlining  how to retrive your password from your browser.

yes due to recent changes with eircom websites to eir customers may be prompted for their email password.

For eircom customers all of the information is here - https://autoreg.eir.ie/passwordchange/changeunknown_pwd.html

For non eircom customers the process is as follows:
    • If you are not an eircom customer and you have not provided a security question & answer on your account, then unfortunately we have no information against which to validate your account details.
    • In order to confirm ownership of the account, we will send an email to the email address which is queried and after 30 days if there has been no correspondence from that address to the contrary we will be able to provide you with access.

Customers who cannot remember their password may should / may be able retrieve this from the stored location of their browser and should try the following steps before requesting password reset.

For Chrome Users:
    Click the icon with three parallel bars (hamburger icon) then Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click Show Advanced Settings. Scroll down to Passwords and Forms and you’ll see a link to Manage Passwords. Clicking this link will give you a list of saved passwords and clicking on any link will reveal the password.

For Firefox Users:
    Access Options, whether through the orange button, Tools or the icon with three parallel bars ( Hamburger Icon). Within options, go to Security. There is a list of saved passwords there which can be viewed.

For IE Users:
    Setting – Internet Options – Content Tab – Settings (Under Auto Complete Option) – Expand eirom webmail url – click on show

If you continue to have problems with this let us know here or on our eir community and we can advise further.

Tony

Advertisement