Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Roll-Out Schedule

Options
  • 23-09-2015 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I see lots of threads on this subject and not a whole lot of answers. I've just spent about half an hour of my life on the phone and online chat to Eircom people who couldn't give me an answer either.

Who in Eircom actually knows about the eFibre roll-out plans by location?

I'm living in Bray, close to the centre of the town, and yet I still have no options beyond the basic offering. Since early 2013 every time I call or online chat I get no answer and told it should be in my area within a couple of months. I know there's an online checked and the people I chat with I assume do the same check, but this just tells you the current situation which isn't a whole lot of use.

With the likes of Vodafone/ESB about to launch a service via electricity lines (as well as UPC having solutions already) I'd have thought you guys would be eager to tie in as many customers as possible, yet I find it impossible to get the information.

Look forward to any reply.

Thanks,

Gareth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

g0g wrote: »
    Hi,

I see lots of threads on this subject and not a whole lot of answers. I've just spent about half an hour of my life on the phone and online chat to Eircom people who couldn't give me an answer either.

I'm living in Bray, close to the centre of the town, and yet I still have no options beyond the basic offering. Since early 2013 every time I call or online chat I get no answer and told it should be in my area within a couple of months. I know there's an online checked and the people I chat with I assume do the same check, but this just tells you the current situation which isn't a whole lot of use.

With the likes of Vodafone/ESB about to launch a service via electricity lines (as well as UPC having solutions already) I'd have thought you guys would be eager to tie in as many customers as possible, yet I find it impossible to get the information.

Thanks,

Gareth
    Hi Gareth

The best way to get information on our roll out is to  
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]View our Fibre Broadband Network Coverage Map here [/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/[/font]

Or you can register your interest in eir Fibre broadband here and you will be advised when this service is being rolled out in your area. https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi

I hope this helps.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,

Gareth
    Hi Gareth

View our Fibre Broadband Network Coverage Map here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

Or you can register your interest in eir Fibre broadband here and you will be advised when this service is being rolled out in your area. https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi

I hope this helps.

Tony
    Tony,

Thanks at least for replying, but I'm afraid no that doesn't help. As noted in my post above, I'm aware that there is an online checked which tells me I don't yet have the service - well, actually the address checker says no, but the link you've included above tells me Bray is "LIVE", whatever that means...

What I'm looking for is some clarification from Eir(com) on your roll-out plans within areas rather than your generic claiming an area is live when clearly not all of it is live. Of course I've previously registered to be notified (and for the sake of it I've filled it in again on that new Eir link), and I have twice since then received letters in error telling me the service was ready to be launched. I still have the one from February 2015 if you'd like a copy. I really don't think it should be that hard to get an answer as to either:
    1) Yes, your address is going to be upgraded in X timeline, or
    2) No, you will never actually get this service due to cost involved (or whatever)

Happy to take a call or whatever suits, but please can you try and actually get me an answer or put me in touch with someone who can answer the question.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭timc1

Hi,

Thanks,

Gareth
    Hi Gareth

View our Fibre Broadband Network Coverage Map here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

I hope this helps.

Tony
    Tony,

Thanks at least for replying, but I'm afraid no that doesn't help. As noted in my post above, I'm aware that there is an online checked which tells me I don't yet have the service - well, actually the address checker says no, but the link you've included above tells me Bray is "LIVE", whatever that means...

What I'm looking for is some clarification from Eir(com) on your roll-out plans within areas rather than your generic claiming an area is live when clearly not all of it is live. Of course I've previously registered to be notified (and for the sake of it I've filled it in again on that new Eir link), and I have twice since then received letters in error telling me the service was ready to be launched. I still have the one from February 2015 if you'd like a copy. I really don't think it should be that hard to get an answer as to either:
    2) No, you will never actually get this service due to cost involved (or whatever)

Happy to take a call or whatever suits, but please can you try and actually get me an answer or put me in touch with someone who can answer the question.

Thanks
    Hi Tony,

I have a similar issue.

I was told by a Sales Executive that Broadband was in the area.  I ordered broadband, Engineer from Kedington arrived and told me the Estate next door has it, not ours(Coopers Wood, Chapel Road, Kinsealy, Co Dublin).  I then had to cancel my order as I was ordering it purely for the broadband.  There are two cabinets 100 yards away and 300 yards away.  Your Fibrerollout says its covered buts its obviously not....

Can you provide a timeframe as to when we can expect this?

Thanks,

Tim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭tuch

timc1 wrote: »

I hope this helps.

Tony
    Tony,

Thanks at least for replying, but I'm afraid no that doesn't help.........  the link you've included above tells me Bray is "LIVE", whatever that means...

What I'm looking for is some clarification from Eir(com) on your roll-out plans within areas rather than your generic claiming an area is live when clearly not all of it is live. 
    Hi Tony,

I have a similar issue.
    Your Fibrerollout says its covered buts its obviously not....

Can you provide a timeframe as to when we can expect this?

Thanks,

Tim.

Exact same issue. Eir map says that broadband in available in my city. It is not. And there are no plans to roll out broadband.  Eir is fully aware that the information on their broadband map is false. They refuse to correct it. They justify lying by saying that the information they provide is " for illustrative purposes" only.  To illustrate that they are lying I suppose.

What I'm looking for is some clarification from Eir(com) on your roll-out plans within areas rather than your generic claiming an area is live when clearly not all of it is live

I really don't think it should be that hard to get an answer as to either:

please can you try and actually get me an answer or put me in touch with someone who can answer the question.

No way in hell that anyone in Eir is going to answer that question for you. i tried for years before giving up. 

You will get the following frustratingly useless answers.

1. The information on the broadband coverage map is " for illustrative purposes only" i.e. it is deliberately false because Eir wants to give the impression that it is available in your area.

2. Eir has "no plans at this time" to rollout to your area.

3 You can "register your interest" and you will be advised when it is being rolled out in your area

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

Thanks,

Gareth
    Hi Gareth

I hope this helps.

Tony
    Tony,

Thanks
    This link would be advising you that the Bray exchange is live however your address also need to be upgraded for the service to work and this has not been done as of yet I'm afraid. 

Would you like to DM me your details and I'll clarify this for you.

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi,

Thanks,

Gareth
    Hi Gareth

I hope this helps.

Tony
    Tony,

Thanks
    This link would be advising you that the Bray exchange is live however your address also need to be upgraded for the service to work and this has not been done as of yet I'm afraid. 

Would you like to DM me your details and I'll clarify this for you.

Thanks

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracy. I've just sent you a DM and will pray that I don't get one of the three generic replies that tuch quoted above! I really think eir would fine that customers are happy once they feel involved and like you're sharing information. I'd be happier to know I'll definitely have an upgrade in (for example) April 2016 rather than be told "soon" or "don't call us, we'll get in touch with you" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Iv worked for eircom in the past and I know that broadband will never be deployed to an area withing a decent population. Basically country side areas will never get decent broadband. Just accept it and move on. Dongle is your best option.

Eir is a joke, they don't care.

Akarinn wrote: »
    Iv worked for eircom in the past and I know that broadband will never be deployed to an area withing a decent population. Basically country side areas will never get decent broadband. Just accept it and move on. Dongle is your best option.

Possibly a valid point out in the sticks, but I live in the middle of Bray and isn't it one of the biggest 5-10 towns in the country!?

Akarinn wrote: »

Possibly a valid point out in the sticks, but I live in the middle of Bray and isn't it one of the biggest 5-10 towns in the country!?
    And I live in Cork City. Hardly out it sticks but no broadband in my part of the city and no plans to ever roll it out. 

• Advertisement

??????. Could someone explain this to me. Eir is claiming that the Exchange is live.  However you can't get fibre because "your address also need to be upgraded for the service to work "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks, I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks, I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracey look forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My town showing up as LIVE too, yet type my phone number into their online checker and says its not.

Come on Eir(com) , get yourself sorted.

Unfortunately I can confirm that the reply I got via private message was the exact same as I've been getting to date. Nothing planned in the immediate future but talk to us again in a few months. Such a pity to be honest. With a bit of luck UPC or maybe Siro/Vodafone will offer a faster alternative soon.

NIMAN wrote: »
    My town showing up as LIVE too, yet type my phone number into their online checker and says its not.

Come on Eir(com) , get yourself sorted.
    As boards.ie mods don't take kindly to posters claiming that their corporate sponsors are telling lies, I will use the preferred euphemism instead.  

" The official information that Eir provides in relation to broadband coverage is "for illustrative purposes only". "

I hope this helps.

Tony

the link you've included above tells me Bray is "LIVE", .......claiming an area is live when clearly not all of it is live. 
    timc1 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

I have a similar issue.

Your Fibrerollout says its covered buts its obviously not....
    tuch wrote: »

Eir map says that broadband in available in my city. It is not.
    NIMAN wrote: »

Bit of a pattern here.

Originally posted by timc1

I was told by a Sales Executive that Broadband was in the area. I ordered broadband.... Kinsealy, Co Dublin. I then had to cancel my order as I was ordering it purely for the broadband.

You would assume that the false coverage information would be just for the general public and the Eir would at least make their own employees aware of the true situation. However this is not always the case and sometimes call centre staff in India can sell broadband bundles for areas that have no broadband.

I wonder what their plan actually is? Are they actively working to upgrade any areas? It'd be good to at least know that the situation is changing somewhere in the country.... Are there that many ongoing repairs that they don't have the time to upgrade any areas?

I wonder what their plan actually is? Are they actively working to upgrade any areas? It'd be good to at least know that the situation is changing somewhere in the country.... Are there that many ongoing repairs that they don't have the time to upgrade any areas?
    Well I suspect that the 16 million that was earmarked for rolling out broadband has instead been spend on changing Eircom to Eir. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement