Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hell in a Cell 2015 Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The way he sold the loss had me thinking maybe he would announce his retirement at Survivor Series, what with it being 25 years later and all.

Instead, it looked like it was a set-up for a Survivor Series match.

I'd say the team will be Taker, Reigns, Ambrose, and then the final member to be Kane in a Brothers of Destruction reunion.

Overall, a very good show I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Loved that match.

It was brutal. Looked like all the blood was gotten the hard way too. What happened with the doctor?!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Maybe Brock had a blade in his glove??? That is why one was removed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Stupid booking if they were booking this why not have Wyatt go over Reigns earlier in the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

DM_7 wrote: »
    Maybe Brock had a blade in his glove??? That is why one was removed..

Seemed like he did to me. and when he got back in the ring, before he laid into taker I thought I noticed him checking his glove / tape to make sure he had gotten rid of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Why? Setting up this part of the night of course.

Great ending to the night I feel. Divas was the usual pissbreak match but enjoyed most of the other matches. Sets up Brothers of Destruction for Wrestlemania anyway and end a feud that's gonna develop between Kane and Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Same could be said of Rollins vs Kane. The guy beside me made the same exact point for that match. Lesnar v Undertaker the same. Owens and Ryback and Nikki/Charlotte weren't too dissimilar.

martyos121 wrote: »
    You can drive a huge set of steel steps right into their head, but God forbid you hit them with a little chair...

The steel chair connects. With the steps they actually hit the guy with their hand I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Reigns, Ambrose, Kane and Taker would make sense but I'm guessing they want Reigns away from Wyatt now. From the sound of that backstage segment between them, it does sound Ambrose and Reigns are going a different direction now.

Kane, Sting, Lesnar and Taker is another possibility.

Wasn't there a rumour of Taker v Stowman at Wrestlemania?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Thoughts from my first time at a televised WWE show (and second show ever).

Great experience to see a show like this live. Definitely recommend it if you get a chance.

I always wanted to see Undertaker's entrance, Lesnar in person, and a HIAC match (although the cell was barely involved in either match) so in that sense it was great. That there was blood and a cool post-match angle made it all extra cool. It could be the last time we see a match between two legends of that level, at least apart from WrestleMania next year (but only if The Rock or Austin are there).

I definitely noticed a lack of the babyface/heel dynamic on this show. The only match where the dynamic was there both in terms of the wrestlers behavior and audience reaction was the pre-show opener, the second best match on the show. Cesaro was awesome! The Dudley/New Day match kind of had it in terms of behavior but the audience were cheering for the New Day who were meant to be the heels. Cena - Del Rio, Reigns - Wyatt, Charlotte - Nikki, Rollins - Kane, Lesnar - Undertaker and Owens - Ryback had no clear face/heel dynamic at all, either in terms of the wrestler's behavior or crowd reaction. The days of the crowd blindly cheering for babyfaces and booing heels is long gone, but at the same time the in-ring behaviour of the wrestlers doesn't do anything to make fans cheer or boo either.

Opening six-man match - this was great. There was a little girl close to me who kept complaining that Rusev uses the same move all the time in every match (the foot stomp) which was funny. I wanted to see Lana. :(

Del Rio - Cena - would have been better if Colter didn't say the name and let the music hit. For the first few seconds I thought great surprise and then I remembered it's just Del Rio. He got a nice comeback pop but I don't think it will come to much more than that. What's weird is that while it's logical to bring Del Rio back in LA, where there is a big hispanic audicence, if you want him to get over with that audience why pair him with Colter who's character doesn't like Mexicans? While it works in terms of him being a heel, it does seem a bit odd in respect of them needing him to connect with Hispanic audiences.

When I first heard Colter's music I thought it was Jack Swagger. I couldn't see the entranceway so right up until he started speaking I thought it was Swagger. Was a big wtf moment - like what a letdown.

The ending was weird. Like normally when there was a near fall everyone was standing up but nobody thought this was the end so nobody really reacted. I didn't even really see it and was shocked when I realised the match was over so quick. Then they did a replay that stopped after the two-count so I thought it might have been a botch but reading different things online nobody says that so I guess not. It was weird that it ended so soon. Cena losing in 7 minutes - never thought I'd see the day.

Reigns - Wyatt - One of the things that shocked me is that while many of the fans around seemed to be trying to impress everyone with their smark credentials (making fun of other fans for being marks and so on) guys like Kane and Roman Reigns were still quite popular. As soon as the cell started coming down everyone was staring at the aisle waiting for Reigns and the audience treated him like a big deal. I didn't think the match was great, just a load of kendo stick hits with a couple of tables thrown in, but the crowd loved it, which surprised me for such a smarky crowd.

Despite the crowd reaction, almost nobody had t-shirts of the two top fulltime babyfaces: Cena and Reigns; which is amazing for a wrestling company really (if you include Orton it would be three top babyfaces but to be fair he wasn't at the show). I think Owens had the most t-shirts. He should be made a star based on merchandise sales alone. Come to think of it I really didn't see a single Roman Reigns t-shirt even though like I said the crowd treated him like a big deal.

New Day-Dudley Boys - I missed most of this. The concession stands arrangement at the Staples Center is a disaster. In the main bar there were just four old ladies working all of whom seemed to be competing to see who could save customers the slowest. It took at least five minutes to serve each customer. Everywhere was like this. It was a three and a half hour show, with most people arriving a half hour early, so four hours altogether. And you can't bring drinks in (even water). So of course I needed to drink and I was hoping to get a snack but that meant queuing for ages and missing a match. Why you would pay big money to rent a place at the Staples Center and then employ four completely uninterested pensioners is beyond me. It ended up costing me $21 for a packet of crisps and two beers. That doesn't explain why they don't have more staff working as every staff member is guaranteed to be busy all the time anyway and they can make more money. The queues in the fast food places were as bad and for the same reasons. Very amateur operation for an arena that has a major event almost every night of the year. Anyway it was obvious the New Day were extremely popular despite their diss of the Lakers.

Charlotte - Nikki - No real interest here. Plenty of women in the crowd were dressed as the Bella Twins. They seem to be the most popular divas among the female audience which explains why they are still getting PPV matches during the divas revolution. Unfortunately it's that "trying to please everyone" mentality that means the revolution will never work.

If's funny how often Nikki bends over with her hands on her knees directly in front of the cameraman so they can get a good view of her breasts. Even after she lost and was trying to look devastated on the outside, she made sure to do it. It's kinda creepy that they actually train their female wrestlers to do this so regularly.

Seth Rollins vs Kane - I have to give Kane credit - he's great live. A very good performer sometimes although I know most people here don't agree. Seeing his entrance live was cool. I normally love Seth Rollins PPV matches but I don't think he did anything special here - match was still good.

Owens - Ryback - Some big moves. I like Owens but this feud isn't doing anything for him.

Lesnar - Undertaker - Just a great spectacle. We even got to see blood. There is a reason why these two are legends; they know how to put on a show and give the fans what they want. Heyman's antics outside the cell every time Lesnar had a near fall was great. Undertaker's entrance was cool.

When I first seen the ad for 25 years of Undertaker I was thinking it would be great to mark it with one last chance at the title with Undertaker vs Rollins at Survivor Series. Instead he will most likely fight Strauman which I think is a waste. But still it was cool to see an unexpected post-match angle.

I'm thinking we will see Reigns - Rollins at Survivor Series which could be a good feud if Reigns can get his act in gear.

Great show overall.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/658470607877599233

Apparently Kevin Dunn and Vince McMahon were going crazy because of the blood. The idea of black and white replays is hilarious. Brock pushing over the doctor was an amazing moment. :D He feels so authentic.

Just thought of another hilarious moment. Rollins saying "Come on, I know Corporate Kane and Demon Kane are the same guy". Look at the brains on Seth.

That's just Alvarez making a joke like saying Takers entrance takes up half a match for example.

Anyway in the hero villain thing, if anyone was watching any of the build, generally, the good and bad were well established in the build up.

Two good exceptions.

Del Rio will probably be a face which means you couldn't have a hero and villain in that match.

Taker and Brock was rightfully put forward as two major stars battling and left to fans to decide who they would shout for.

Alvarez said on his podcast that the tweets were based on text messages he was receiving from someone backstage - he made it clear that it wasn't a joke and that Vince and Kevin Dunn really were going crazy. They were insisting the doctor go in to treat Lesnar who didn't want to be treated so the poor doctor was afraid and caught in the middle.

Regarding face-heel, you are right about the buildup for many of the matches, although not for Kane-Rollins (both heels) and Taker-Lesnar (both babyfaces).

That said it's more a comment of how the wrestlers behave in the ring these days and how the crowd respond - in that sense if you hadn't watched the buildup you would have had no idea for most of the matches who the crowd were supposed to cheer for.

Assumed he was joking with the time on his tweet. I also assumed Vince and a producer are in different places so only a few people would actually know how both were reacting.

Out of interest does he actually get any scoops right?

Typical heel antics are probably side lined for a number of reasons, one I think is because of the amount of content they have now, heel stuff would lose its appeal quickly and not get any reaction. I also think typical heel antics are juvenile and more outlandish ones end up getting cheered. Overall I think its another victim of them over exposing their own product.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Tyrell Wellick

Really enjoyed that show

Worked the nightshift so it got me through

He's not always right with his general speculation but in this case he was pretty definite about getting the information directly from backstage. I'd say anyone who has a headset (doctors, referees, commentators, all the people in the production truck, cameramen, anyone in the gorilla position) would hear both Vince and Kevin.

There is another podcast up with Meltzer who probably has more information but I haven't listened to it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Out of interest does he actually get any scoops right?

Topic for another thread/day but no, he rarely breaks news.

The Lesnar injury photos- http://www.wwe.com/shows/hellinacell/2015/brock-lesnar-injury-photos-28110002

CSN9zgjUYAAg4o_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Cena losing in 7 minutes? Is he being punished for taking time off? He basically looked like a total geek in this match. Very odd.

Reigns and Wyatt was ok, they worked hard. It was basically a spotfest. Reigns still hasn't had a good match without smoke and mirrors

Tag match was whatever. Dudleys haven't been anything special, New Day outshine them everytime.

Divas match was grand, they worked hard. Alabama slam into the apron looked like it sucked.

Rollins and Kane was boring. Thank god that's over with.

Ryback and Owens was bad. Ryback is bloody terrible.

Taker/Lesnar was awesome. Violent and told a great story. Vince and Dunn are idiots going postal at the blood. It's fine to do it every once and a while and it adds to the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Thought it was an enjoyable show overall. Taker-Lesnar was the standout as it should be. Rollins winning clean was welcome but the pedigree was crap. Reigns and Wyatt was ok but nothing but a series of spots really. I didn't mind the Divas match actually Nikki is a pretty solid performer these days. Ryback and Owens was a bit dull, but at least Owens got the clean win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To be honest, I was expecting them to change the live stream to black and white. And I'd say they thought of it, but knew they would get too many complaints. What do they expect with Hell in a Cell. Clearly they have a different understanding of what hell would be like than most people.

I don't think we'll get a team match at Survivor Series. For his anniversary match, I'd say he would want a singles match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

So have the Wyatt's kidnapped taker now ? Should have Kane searching the building trying to find him tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I like Bray Wyatt, I wish they would let him win a few fueds and get more threathning

We all know they are getting a beating at SS

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Thought it was a fantastic PPV, solid 9/10, possibly best WWE show of the year. Word I'd use to describe it best is cohesive, it all flowed well, booking was logical and the two cell matches over-delivered. Loved Bray with the kendo sticks and ramming them in the turnbuckle, very heel move. Brock/Taker blew me away and loved seeing both men get colour. The image of Taker getting carried off was quite iconic too.

Very few complaints, wasn't expecting such a good show but well done to all involved.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I like Bray Wyatt, I wish they would let him win a few fueds and get more threathning

We all know they are getting a beating at SS

You're joking, right?

They pushed him to the moon and never did anything with him to bring him into the title race. Mostly because any feud he was in resulted in the crowd getting bored because it was the exact same shtick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Faugheen wrote: »
    They pushed him to the moon

When did this happen, i remember they pushed him for a bit, then put him in a match with Cena at Mania and it all went south, and he's never recovered.

Just like to add, iv'e no feeling either way but i do think he has more potential then what he's shown or allowed to show so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The Dudleyz botched the Movement Drop [the team of Johnny Ace/Laurinitis and Mike Barton/Bart Gunn in All Japan] :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Between the commentators and the backstage segment between Ambrose and Reigns, they seemed to be pushing the fact Reigns is done with Wyatt, so if it is Taker vs Wyatt family, I doubt Reigns will be involved.

Advertisement