Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to Book and where

Options
  • 23-09-2015 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Went to vegas for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon recently. Absolutely loved it but felt we didnt see a quarter of the things due to time restrictions. Were looking at going back in late April/early May next year for a week but would'nt mind doing a bit of driving.

Question I'm asking is when is the best time to book and If we were to go for maybe 10 or 11 nights and drive from 1 city to another would we be better off heading west to California or East to maybe Texas

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Did something similar in 2013. Drove to San Francisco via Death Valley and Yosemite National Park.

Was a sensational trip. Well worth doing

Spent 1 night in Furnace Creek in Death Valley and 2 in Yosemite before going on to SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Exiled1

Great road trip from Vegas to San Francisco or vice versa. SF to Yosemite, stay over for a few days if possible. Difficult to book accommodation in Yosemite in high season. Check out Mammoth Lakes for accommodation as a possibility. The eastern side of the sierras are much more impressive. Then on to Vegas via Beatty. This is a great road trip approx. 280 miles. You could divert to Death Valley but probably not worth the effort and extra time.
    Best trip in Vegas - undoubtedly the helicopter trip over Hoover dam and to Grand Canyon, costly but unforgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

I'd head to California. Actually, I'd probably fly from Vegas to Reno (just over an hour) and rent a car there. Then I'd go to Lake Tahoe, and after seeing that, drive to San Francisco and head down the CA coastline from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Cheers folks, plenty to consider

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Check out the map.

A very popular route is to drive from Las Vegas, through the desert over to Los Angeles, and then up the pacific coast along highway one to San Fransisco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    or East to maybe Texas

Dont bother with texas.

Alternatives might be driving northwest through utah and over the rockies to Denver.

Or if you go east, go as far as Albuquerque, then home.

Advertisement