Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi booster worth it?

Options
  • 23-09-2015 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I have wifi in my house and Im gonna need to get wifi for the chaullay out the back at the side of the house.. Im wondering would a wifi booster placed in the kitchen reach it?

If anyone has any experience with these or recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I have wifi in my house and Im gonna need to get wifi for the chaullay out the back at the side of the house.. Im wondering would a wifi booster placed in the kitchen reach it?

If anyone has any experience with these or recommendations?

No, they cause more hassle than they're worth. Get a pair of homeplugs with built in Wi-Fi

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

No, they cause more hassle than they're worth. Get a pair of homeplugs with built in Wi-Fi

How exactly do these work? Would i need to run an ethernet cable from the shallay into my house? Or if i put the homeplugs at the kitchen window would it boost the wifi next door to the shallay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

How exactly do these work? Would i need to run an ethernet cable from the shallay into my house? Or if i put the homeplugs at the kitchen window would it boost the wifi next door to the shallay

They come in pairs and send a radio signal through your existing electrical cabling as long as both locations are on the same fuse board. You plug the first one in beside the modem, connect it to the modem by Ethernet and the second one with Wi-Fi you put in the shallay to give you full coverage.

Advertisement