Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tricolour burnings in Belfast - Should Irish government do more?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

danwhite88 wrote: »
    The Irish Government should put a ban on the Manufacturing of the Irish flag and then they should become the sole distributor of the flags worldwide so when they buy the flags up north the government will make a huge profits.

good plan but these chavs steal flags and election poster from nationalist areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

davycc wrote: »
    good plan but these chavs steal flags and election poster from nationalist areas

Not if we burn them all first. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

Should boards lead The way by banning any one who calls the Union flag the butcher's apron?
    Again, it's ok to disrespect their flag, but not for them to disrespect ours.

The hypocrisy never fails to show through.

You said it Fred,
    Ban anyone from the boards for having the audacity to refer to the jack as the butchers apron, and call them hyprocrits if they dont have your take on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

TOMASJ wrote: »
    You said it Fred,
    Ban anyone from the boards for having the audacity to refer to the jack as the butchers apron, and call them hyprocrits if they dont have your take on it.

How did you come up with that rather bizarre statement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Mods: I have asked the poster to provide evidence to back up this wild and untrue accusation. As they have been unable to do so, please could it be deleted.

Brilliant. That's some high horse your on. Everyone knows your form, which is most likely why the mod doesn't give a fcuk. You've only yourself and your anti-Irish "Rule Britannia" attitude to blame

Brilliant. That's some high horse your on. Everyone knows your form, which is most likely why the mod doesn't give a fcuk. You've only yourself and your anti-Irish "Rule Britannia" attitude to blame

Again, please provide evidence of my anti Irish attitude.

Thinking that certain republicans are a bunch of complete hypocrites, does not make someone anti Irish.

You can't though, nor can you argue against blatent displays of hypocrisy, so you go for the ad hominem abuse instead.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod Note:

Banned. Personal abuse, back seat moderation etc.
    You can't though, nor can you argue against blatent displays of hypocrisy, so you go for the ad hominem abuse instead.

Mod Note:

You are familiar with the report post function. Please don't respond on thread.

How did you come up with that rather bizarre statement?

Fred, have a read over your last few posts,

If you cant see that they contradict with each other,

Im afraid i cannot be of any further help to to,

Try to have an open mind when it comes to republicans, they being Irish

Fred, have a read over your last few posts,

If you cant see that they contradict with each other,

Im afraid i cannot be of any further help to to,

Try to have an open mind when it comes to republicans, they being Irish

No, you need to read my posts again. They do not contradict each other in the slightest.

I'm not advocating anyone ban calling the Union Flag the "Butcher's Apron" if people want to do it, good luck to them. It is just a petty childish swipe at a nation, the same as idiots burning the Irish flag.

But, don't use the term butcher's apron and then bitch and moan when loyalists burn the Tri Colour. It is hypocritical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

No, you need to read my posts again. They do not contradict each other in the slightest.

I'm not advocating anyone ban calling the Union Flag the "Butcher's Apron" if people want to do it, good luck to them. It is just a petty childish swipe at a nation, the same as idiots burning the Irish flag.

But, don't use the term butcher's apron and then bitch and moan when loyalists burn the Tri Colour. It is hypocritical.

There's a valid reason why its called the butchers apron,there is no valid reason to burn the tricolour.

There's a valid reason why its called the butchers apron,there is no valid reason to burn the tricolour.

Loyalists burning the flag of a country that, until recently had a constitutional claim to theirs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Loyalists burning the flag of a country that, until recently had a constitutional claim to theirs?

They don't have a country,they are guests in mine.

Should boards lead The way by banning any one who calls the Union flag the butcher's apron?

I'm not advocating anyone ban calling the Union Flag the "Butcher's Apron" if people want to do it, good luck to them.
    Did you not write this, looks to me as if you wanted some people baned for not referring to the brit flag in terms that suited you,

But, don't use the term butcher's apron and then bitch and moan when loyalists burn the Tri Colour. It is hypocritical

I personally did not bitch obout the Irish flag being burned by morans in the North,

But saying as the Irish flag wasnt rammed down peoples throats the world over at the point of a gun,
    I can see how a lot of people have a strong dislike for the brit flag/ butchers apron

Did you not write this, looks to me as if you wanted some people baned for not referring to the brit flag in terms that suited you,

I personally did not bitch obout the Irish flag being burned by morans in the North,

But saying as the Irish flag wasnt rammed down peoples throats the world over at the point of a gun,
    I can see how a lot of people have a strong dislike for the brit flag/ butchers apron

At the risk of being a grammar Nazi, when someone ends a sentence with a question mark (this thing ?) It means they are asking a question.

At the risk of being a grammar Nazi, when someone ends a sentence with a question mark (this thing ?) It means they are asking a question.

What question was the fred,

Your ace at asking questions but not at answering on the boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thread has gone sway off topic and is just personal sniping now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement