Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UpnFee

Options
  • 23-09-2015 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I noticed yesterday my account was charged with a UpnFee even though I had paid my bill in the post office a few days previous. I am very annoyed about this and will.be expecting a refund.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Micky8728 wrote: »
    I noticed yesterday my account was charged with a UpnFee even though I had paid my bill in the post office a few days previous. I am very annoyed about this and will.be expecting a refund.
    Hi Micky8728,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear you have incurred this charge on your account. Unpaid fees are charged on a customer's account when a direct debit or standing order has been returned unpaid to the creditor. As direct debits are set up and presented for by the company, it would be necessary to contact them directly regarding this payment.

If you no longer wish to pay this company by direct debit, you can cancel your SEPA direct debit by filling out the 'Cancel your Mandate' form. You can submit this request on BOI 365 Online by selecting 'Online Service Desk' and 'SEPA Direct Debit Services' or by filling out the form here

You also have the option to add this company to a 'Black List'. This means that all requests from that creditor to set up and present for a direct debit on your account will be rejected. We have more information on setting up a black list here

We hope this helps, and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Micky8728

Hi Sharon. I have a direct debit set up with meteor but was told I can pay the bill in the post office and my bank account would never be touched.. Meteor have told me it's Bank of Irelands fault for putting the fee on the account and to contact them about being refunding me the 12.70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Micky8728 wrote: »
    Hi Sharon. I have a direct debit set up with meteor but was told I can pay the bill in the post office and my bank account would never be touched.. Meteor have told me it's Bank of Irelands fault for putting the fee on the account and to contact them about being refunding me the 12.70
    Hi Micky8728

As a direct debit has been returned unpaid on your account, this would indicate that the company has presented for payment. In this instance, it would be necessary to contact Meteor directly to discuss why the direct debit was presented.

Should you wish to discuss the unpaid fee further, please call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1 4044000 and a representative with account access will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement