Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus RMA

Options
  • 23-09-2015 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

Has anyone has any experience with this? Finally got around to sending back my Z77 Sabertooth that died. Can't find the bloody socket cover - should I send it back with the processor in situ? (I've a celeron hanging around somewhere.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

When I RMA'd my Asus p67 board I remember they were very insistent that the plastic socket cover be included when sending it back.
    Any chance you still have it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have any amount of these hanging around - I can post one to you if you need it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Thanks guys I'll have a good look for it. Thanks Terror that's very nice of you! Oddly though I've one from another mobo that doesn't fit though. I might take you up on this though if I can't find it in the attic.

Thanks again guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Thanks guys I'll have a good look for it. Thanks Terror that's very nice of you! Oddly though I've one from another mobo that doesn't fit though. I might take you up on this though if I can't find it in the attic.

Thanks again guys.

It didn't fit because it goes over the top of the metal bracket not under it. DOH!

My head hurt after an hour of searching in the attic I was greeted with three identical 'Foxconn 115X' covers. It hurt even more after I realised I'd found one inside 5 minutes, 2 inside 15 and number 3 took another 45 mins!

Advertisement