Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any trendy bars near clondalkin?

Options
  • 23-09-2015 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

So im staying over in clondalkin next weekend and wondering if anyone can recommend me a nice bar to go to for drinks and food.. Were mid 20s looking for somewhere that dosent get the scanger crowd, I looked up the arc bar but I dono.. theres another big glass building restaurant somewhere over that way I drove past before if anyone knows it its on a main road?

Anyway any recommendations appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Arc bar is beside all the car dealership on the way into Liffey valley shopping centre.

They usually do a meal and cinema deal. At least they did when I lived up that way.

Why not go into city centre? Gives ye more options if here not feeling it there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Quinlans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Finches:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Quinlans or the laurels would do the job perfectly.

Avoid Finches, Arc and the Village Inn.

Quinlans and the Laurels are about 30 seconds away from each other so if not a fan of one can go the other.

Quinlans is a bit more relaxed but nice atmosphere and good pints with a nite club upstairs if you fancy it.

Laurels is good with a late bar and good crowd mid twenties upwards generally also has a restaurant upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Finches:D

Sure fcuk it go the Swallows :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Was going to say the Swallows too!

Remember living on Nangor Rd. in 00s briefly & had my keys nicked so went into Swallows to wait for new ones to be dropped in.

Offy in it had bars on the window where the gargle was dispensed from.

In the Lounge all the heads turned when someone, anyone came in.....sizing them up?

That said Clondalkin is a lovely village; Laurels was pretty much always where I went for Saturday morning pints.

Steering Wheel too & Quinlans & the Central/Village Inn decent spots.

Saturday evening pints were well got in Lock & Key/Lough and Quay too after it was renovated on the Ninth Lock Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

The Laurels in Clondalkin village is a great spot. They do great food which is very reasonably priced and every weekend have a live band followed by good dance music on fri/sat nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Hope you're not from Kerry or Mayo. :D

This weekend, Round Towers GAA club in Clondalkin (Jim Gavin's club) is having a reception thingy for him and the team. In 2013, they arrived on an open top bus with all the bells and whistles & it got a good turn out. So the over flow from that, might spill out into the local hostelries.

Advertisement