Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abusive Relationship with FM

Options
  • 23-09-2015 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Im in an abusive relationship with football manager (2014 in this case) and it needs to stop.

Ive had so many false dawns with this game thinking ive finally gotten enough knowledge of the match engine to be at least moderately successful at a club, only to go on massive losing streaks time and time again to teams i should definitely beat.

Ive read all the online help forums, watched youtube 'how to' videos, ive even taken notes on these things and applied them, scoring a few wins, even manager of the month awards only to have the game say "You've had enough fun for now...time to lose again".

Ive been teams from the best Serie A has to offer to the lowly Skrill premier, the result is always the same. Fired by the board.

Every time I say f**k this, swearing never to play it again....only to feel that itch to come back playing again. It might take weeks or sometimes months but that itch always comes back. Returning every time full of enthusiasm, promising 'this time it will be different'....but it never is.

Football manager 2014 keeps kicking the shi*t out of me.

I needed to have a rant because after winning 10 of my first 14 games and sitting pretty top of the league, Ive now started losing to the relegation teams and ive quickly slid all the way down to 11th position. Ive no explanation for the losses except the game doesnt like me, simple as!

My 60-70% possession, 15 shots, 8 on target, 4 clear cut chances yield 0 goals. Other team has 1, sometimes even 2 shots, scores and wins 1-0.

My heart is broken by this game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Im in an abusive relationship with football manager (2014 in this case) and it needs to stop.

Ive had so many false dawns with this game thinking ive finally gotten enough knowledge of the match engine to be at least moderately successful at a club, only to go on massive losing streaks time and time again to teams i should definitely beat.

Ive read all the online help forums, watched youtube 'how to' videos, ive even taken notes on these things and applied them, scoring a few wins, even manager of the month awards only to have the game say "You've had enough fun for now...time to lose again".

Ive been teams from the best Serie A has to offer to the lowly Skrill premier, the result is always the same. Fired by the board.

Every time I say f**k this, swearing never to play it again....only to feel that itch to come back playing again. It might take weeks or sometimes months but that itch always comes back. Returning every time full of enthusiasm, promising 'this time it will be different'....but it never is.

Football manager 2014 keeps kicking the shi*t out of me.

I needed to have a rant because after winning 10 of my first 14 games and sitting pretty top of the league, Ive now started losing to the relegation teams and ive quickly slid all the way down to 11th position. Ive no explanation for the losses except the game doesnt like me, simple as!

My 60-70% possession, 15 shots, 8 on target, 4 clear cut chances yield 0 goals. Other team has 1, sometimes even 2 shots, scores and wins 1-0.

My heart is broken by this game.

That's the whole point :D

Advertisement