Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Estates Limerick ?

• 23-09-2015 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭

I often see stories of the ghost estates left behind the bankers and stuff and thought it would be a great place to take photos etc

My question is though is there even any in and around Limerick ? I googled it and all I could find was lists not actual locations

Supposedly none in the city but 11 out around the county somewhere does anyone know where these are in Limerick ? or even neighboring counties ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

How about Parkway Valley or Coonagh Cross Shopping centres, they're not a housing estate but they are abandoned buildings.

I think there might be an abandoned estate out the Old Cratloe Rd on the left before you come to the Country Club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's one on the North Circular by JFK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

JFK ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

JFK is the national school. The ghost estate is behind the Premier Petrol Station on the Ennis road. Next to the holy rosary church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's not what most people refer to when they talk about ghost estates but there are entire empty blocks around Hyde/Careys Rd where people were moved out for regeneration and then the project got abandoned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

phog wrote: »
    How about Parkway Valley or Coonagh Cross Shopping centres, they're not a housing estate but they are abandoned buildings.

I think there might be an abandoned estate out the Old Cratloe Rd on the left before you come to the Country Club

Don't know of anything out the old cratloe road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

There's appears to be a small one in Herbertstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Right in the city centre, there's that block near the Milk Market (corner of Ellen St and Carr St).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Right in the city centre, there's that block near the Milk Market (corner of Ellen St and Carr St).

And the development near the GPO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

One on the Roxboro road opposite the bus garage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

phog wrote: »

I heard an LIT Dept are moving to the Coonagh Cross site, not sure if its the built part or possibly a custom built place on the site next to it though.

The Old Cratloe Road was the next phase of a development from Shannon Vale but that never got going so is basically a storage ground for old building equipment.

The JFK one was half finished so would suit the title, it was bought recently and is expected to be finished.

Worst I've seen is the one (more Industrial units) near Setrights, but that Clare so it just blends in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

One on the Roxboro road opposite the bus garage

Think they got moved into recently, they arent boarded up anymore and look used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thanks for all the replies guys definitley going to look into the suggestions so far

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brianfagan

Southill is pretty empty now I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I don't think Bruachlan in Westbury is finished...but technically that's Co. Clare. :P

Advertisement