Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System Low Battery warning after replacing battery

Options
  • 23-09-2015 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I've just replaced the system battery on my Simon 3 phonewatch alarm.

After replacing it I'm still getting "system low battery" warning.

I made sure that I connected the battery before reconnecting the mains power. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting.

I also did a full sensor test which I read somewhere would clear the message.

If I'm still getting the warning after all that does it mean I have a dud battery? Or does the battery need time to recharge?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Sometimes there is a discrepancy between the voltage on a new battery and the voltage on the leads from the panel. I find usually after an hour or so the charge from the leads increases the voltage of the battery.

Give it time that should sort it, where did you get the battery and by any chance did you check the voltage before you connected it?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BraveInca

kub wrote: »
    Sometimes there is a discrepancy between the voltage on a new battery and the voltage on the leads from the panel. I find usually after an hour or so the charge from the leads increases the voltage of the battery.

Give it time that should sort it, where did you get the battery and by any chance did you check the voltage before you connected it?

Thanks. I got it from batteries direct and I didn't check the voltage...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Leave well enough alone for the night and hopefully the power between the battery and panel will have equalised by the morning.

Advertisement