Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2TB Media Player - Recover Cost

Options
  • 23-09-2015 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As per the title I am wondering how much it would cost to recover this?

Hasn't been working properly the last while and if it moved at all it would crash.

I got angry hit it a few thumps and now it when it turns on the disk just clicks.

How much would it be to recover the files? (There was around 1.2 TB space used on it).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Its normally steep enough to recover stuff, I'd limit it to what's absolutely crucial, sounds like some of this stuff is priceless.

Getting a quite directly is probably the best bet.

No general estimate of what I could be looking at?

What even is the process of recovering files?

Tbh the stuff on it is not priceless and I rarely used it anymore, but if it was only a couple of hundred euros I'd consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Physical damage to a disk means it will need to be recovered using a clean room and specialized equipment. You would be looking at a minimum (absolute minimum) of a few hundred euros, depending on the damage this could run to over a thousand euro +.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

critical data will easily be 4 figures though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Maybe this... http://bfy.tw/BIx

beauf wrote: »
    Maybe this... http://bfy.tw/BIx

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

chops018 wrote: »
    Hi all,

As per the title I am wondering how much it would cost to recover this?

I just went through it, a 2TB HDD that fried because of a wrong voltage being supplied out by a USB port (not my fault, the USB port decided to give out 12 volt instead of 5 !!!).
    I payed a bit more of 1000 euro to recover all data, I couldn't afford to lose them all, I was ready to this expense...
    They worked my HDD in a white room and copied all data on a brand new and guaranteed HDD.
    Once home I made a new copy af this disk on a NAS.
    I feel sorry for you, I know how you feel...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod note No more unhelpful advice, if you have nothing to add don't bother posting. Netflix is not a solution to an issue with an inaccessible hard disk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

My bad. I thought on demand might be a valid ( and cost effective) alternative for a media drive and the costs of recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Helpful advise? OK, back up your stuff.... :)

Advertisement