Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to fit worktops

Options
  • 23-09-2015 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hi

How much would one expect to fit 2 work tops about 3m, replace the kitchen sink and tap, and fit upstanders on the worktops. Oh and to cut and fit kickboards.

Its all just fitting. Materials are all supplied. I've gone 2 prices each at the extreme.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Are they solid wood or laminate work tops?
    What thickness?
    Are you using joiner bars and trims at the joints or are the joints flush finished using counter cramps?
    What type of sink/taps?
    Does the price include taking out and disposing of the old work top and sink?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Are they solid wood or laminate work tops?
    What thickness?
    Are you using joiner bars and trims at the joints or are the joints flush finished using counter cramps?
    What type of sink/taps?
    Does the price include taking out and disposing of the old work top and sink?

Laminate bog standard 40mm. No joints will be flush to wall. It's a galley kitchen so it's not even tricky.
    Bog standard stainless steel sink and mixer tap.?includes removing them but not disposing.

peteb2 wrote: »
    Laminate bog standard 40mm. No joints will be flush to wall. It's a galley kitchen so it's not even tricky.
    Bog standard stainless steel sink and mixer tap.?includes removing them but not disposing.

Some kitchen fitters/carpenters would do it all counter and plumbing
    Others wouldn't touch anything to do with water whatsoever
    So depending on set up,Plummer to come in disconnect everything taps, wastes and earth. Carpenter to remove counters fit new ones splash back and sink. Then Plummer back to reconnect everything. All in about 300-400€ Thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

One guy was gonna do it all. But he was telling me it was two full on days.

peteb2 wrote: »
    One guy was gonna do it all. But he was telling me it was two full on days.

If it's as straight forward as you say. It should only take a day for a lad that's set up to do it all. I've done it myself with flush joints counters out and refitted replaced sink and hob in by 3 pm then the rest of the afternoon plumbing up the taps and touching/ tidying up. Kicker boards shouldn't take more than an hour to replace out the door by six. Unless there's units built on top of the work surface that could make things awkward or else it's in an area where you can't cut outside like an apartment again making things laborious and time consuming.
    In some situations doing the actual work is the handy part it's the preparation and organisation of getting to do the job is the actual time killer.
    If it's an ordinary house kitchen downstairs, park out the front cut outside front or back, sink / hob back in same position. 2 days nah an extraction of a finger from a certain orifice is in order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement