Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topped up wrong network

Options
  • 23-09-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi, I topped up the wrong network on AIB banklink machine yesterday. By mistake I topped up by €20 to emobile instead of three mobile. This has never happened me before. I called your emobile customer service and was put through to a few departments until a Customer Service rep explained that the Top-Up is debited from my account by AIB and not sent to emobile until Credit is activated. The credit will not be activated as emobile don't have my number on their network. I went in to AIB today and they said that what I was told is actually incorrect and that the €20 is sent to emobile once I buy the credit regardless of whether the number is an actual emobile number or not. They went as far as contacting Emobile customer service when I was in the bank and passed me the telephone where I again explained exactly what happened. The attitude of this Customer Service rep was very unhelpful and his answer was "it is your own fault". It was my own fault but it was a genuine mistake and was my hard earned €20. Could you clarify for me if this is in fact the policy of Emobile. Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

newspower wrote: »
    Hi, I topped up the wrong network on AIB banklink machine yesterday. By mistake I topped up by €20 to emobile instead of three mobile. This has never happened me before. I called your emobile customer service and was put through to a few departments until a Customer Service rep explained that the Top-Up is debited from my account by AIB and not sent to emobile until Credit is activated. The credit will not be activated as emobile don't have my number on their network. I went in to AIB today and they said that what I was told is actually incorrect and that the €20 is sent to emobile once I buy the credit regardless of whether the number is an actual emobile number or not. They went as far as contacting Emobile customer service when I was in the bank and passed me the telephone where I again explained exactly what happened. The attitude of this Customer Service rep was very unhelpful and his answer was "it is your own fault". It was my own fault but it was a genuine mistake and was my hard earned €20. Could you clarify for me if this is in fact the policy of Emobile. Thank You
    Hi newspower, to be honest I don't know about this process. I have asked for advice on this and will be back to you.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi newspower
    I have been advised of the following
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]You will have to contact the bank and ask for a “chargeback” or “reverse charge”. 
    The other option is to contact our Admin team via email with a screenshot of his bank account (where the date and amount is visible).  The statement will have to cover a week after this payment was made so that they can see that the “chargeback” was not already requested.
    Tony
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Hi newspower
    You will have to contact the bank and ask for a “chargeback” or “reverse charge”. 
    The other option is to contact our Admin team via email with a screenshot of his bank account (where the date and amount is visible).  The statement will have to cover a week after this payment was made so that they can see that the “chargeback” was not already requested.
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    Thanks for reply. Would you have an email address for the Admin team as I cannot find this info on website. Thanks

Hi Tony,
    Thanks for reply. Would you have an email address for the Admin team as I cannot find this info on website. Thanks

Hi Tony,

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,
    Hi newspower
    You will have to contact the bank and ask for a “chargeback” or “reverse charge”. 
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    Hi newspower
    Tony
    So is there no email for the admin team or no answer for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Tony,
    Hi newspower
    Tony
    So is there no email for the admin team or no answer for this?
    Hi newspower

I'm very sorry for the delays in getting back to you. I will look for this address and get back to you as soon as I have it.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi newspower

The email address is "canwehelp@eircom.ie"

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement