Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Six Nations tickets 2016!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Has anyone logged on to ticketmaster using the IRFU email for the ticket sale this morning? I can't see the 'Offer Code' box for the password.....maybe it only appears when the sale opens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

vienne86 wrote: »
    Has anyone logged on to ticketmaster using the IRFU email for the ticket sale this morning? I can't see the 'Offer Code' box for the password.....maybe it only appears when the sale opens.

Yeah, only appears when the sales go live!

Long shot here, but if anyone has a presale code that they're not using, could you shoot it my way via PM please?

Looking to make a great Xmas present for the SO! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got 4 for the wales game but got cocky with the scotland game trying to get cheaper seats and missed out on tickets

ill try on thursday morning

I hate that ticketmaster site, with a passion.

I have just forked out an unholy amont of money, and am trying to convince myself that I am pleased!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭mossy464

So I'm guessing there isn't much hope of getting any of the reasonably priced seats on Thursday then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

Tried to be smart and get tickets for two matches (Wales & Scotland) in two different windows....had 4 for Scotland game in basket but then it failed cos of a clash with other session for Wales game. Then I got kicked out for being a bot!!

Got two tickets for each in end, but now even Italy is showing up as no tickets left! :o :mad::rolleyes::(:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Yeah, that was madness.

nothing showing up for the scotland game either. I hate firefox and ticketmaster. sale much smoother last year. dreading trying to get tickets to the all blacks game next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Had 2 wales then it crashes! Now I have nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Does anyone know when MRSC members will be able to get tickets, even via a lottery?

Does anyone know when MRSC members will be able to get tickets, even via a lottery?
    hopefully. think the public sale will be called off thursday because of ticket shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Did anyone get any in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Got two for both the Scotland and the Wales games. Would love to be going to the Italy game as well but would not be able to get time off work for two weekends in a row. It's the first time I haven't been going to all the home six nations games in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Got three each for the Scotland and Italy games. None for Wales though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Managed to get 2 Italy and 2 Scotland does anyone know when they will be delivered as I'm looking to give my brother 2 tickets for Christamas?

• Advertisement

wacotaco wrote: »
    Did anyone get any in the end?
    got 4 wales tickets (which is the first game and lose that and were fecked imo). through my own ignorance i missed out on the scotland game. ah well i got tickets anyway for one game

collie0708 wrote: »
    Managed to get 2 Italy and 2 Scotland does anyone know when they will be delivered as I'm looking to give my brother 2 tickets for Christamas?

3 weeks before each game.

Got 2 for each of the three matches. I'll be surprised if there are any left for public sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Did the seats live up to the 50e supporters club price tag? Was thinking of joining until I found out about the general sale.

wacotaco wrote: »
    Did the seats live up to the 50e supporters club price tag? Was thinking of joining until I found out about the general sale.

Getting tickets at all is anything but guaranteed for supporters club members, but at least it is a source. The alternative is to join a rugby club, but that doesn't interest me, and I suspect it might cost more than €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭beamer-89

collie0708 wrote: »

Ticketmaster have a gift receipt thing you can make up to give people since tickets don't usually arrive until few weeks before hand, better than nothing!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/giftreceipts/

I managed to get 4 Scotland tickets - took about 10 mins since it crashed when I went to payment screen first time and then just kept refreshing for good tickets.

Also got 2 Italy tickets as Wales looked sold out by then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

beamer-89 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster have a gift receipt thing you can make up to give people since tickets don't usually arrive until few weeks before hand, better than nothing!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/giftreceipts/

I managed to get 4 Scotland tickets - took about 10 mins since it crashed when I went to payment screen first time and then just kept refreshing for good tickets.

Also got 2 Italy tickets as Wales looked sold out by then!

Thanks handy to know, he will be delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

Is it safe to say that no extra tickets will be released for the general sale tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I think I had a better experience than some of you guys in searching for tickets. I was getting no response from the Wales link so went to the Italy/Scotland ones instead. Got tickets no bother with no crashes. Started at 10 and finished at 10.08

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

CFC007 wrote: »
    Is it safe to say that no extra tickets will be released for the general sale tomorrow?

There won't be any for the Wales or Scotland game, fingers crossed the Italy allocation won't sell out to the supporters club in the mean time and there'll be some left for this time tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RobM569

Hey.

Does anybody have a code they arent using that has 3 or less tickets left on it??

Trying to get some for family for Christmas & looks like only Italy match tickets left, so dont want to risk not getting them tomorrow!

I assume no Wales or Scotland tickets will be onsale tomorrow??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Balls just saw no Wales tickets will be on General Sale.

Can't remember it being this bad in 2014, remember picking up tickets for the 3 matches handy enough.

Why did they let us buy so many for each match if there were so few Wales Tks???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

cson wrote: »
    Balls just saw no Wales tickets will be on General Sale.

Can't remember it being this bad in 2014, remember picking up tickets for the 3 matches handy enough.

And scottish game sold out too from what I can tell.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

A Ticketmaster notification is telling me the Italy game is going on public sale tommorow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

What priced tickets are still available for the Italy game? It would give an idea of what tickets to go for in the general sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Bolloxology

Disaster, unsuccessful in the Leinster lottery.First time I've missed out.
    Pissed off.

Sorry for bumping this again, but anyone have any word on the Munster Supporters Club Lottery, there was no mention of 6N tickets in the last few 'Red Letters' which I found odd, I usually remember getting 6N tickets around this time for previous years.

hermano wrote: »
    What priced tickets are still available for the Italy game? It would give an idea of what tickets to go for in the general sale

€65 each are cheapest ones left this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

just got 2 on general sale, only appeared to be €65 ones available; not great ones either, upper deck in the corner. Anyhoo, got 2 tickets to each match so I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Still some available so anyone that was on at 12 should get sorted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I wouldn't panic yet, in 2014 more were released nearer the time on ticket master for Scotland and Italy. I didn't buy through the supporters club for these this year as was disgusted with tickets I got in 2014 when I could see much better tickets on ticketmaster. Taking a chance, but as clubs return tickets you might get lucky.

Sorry for bumping this again, but anyone have any word on the Munster Supporters Club Lottery, there was no mention of 6N tickets in the last few 'Red Letters' which I found odd, I usually remember getting 6N tickets around this time for previous years.

Speak of the devil! Just got an email now for MRSC members.

Six Nations 2016 - Ticket Sale

A limited number of tickets for the RBS 6 Nations HOME games will go on sale to All Full & Associate Members on Friday 18th December at 10am on a first come first serve basis.

Please note that there is a small allocation of 404 tickets per game available. Limit of 2 tickets per member and members may only purchase tickets for one game, this is to ensure as many members as possible get an opportunity to attend a game.

As we have only 200 pairs of tickets we would ask members to appreciate that with over 8,000 members, the vast majority will not be successful in purchasing tickets. Most tickets for these games are distributed by the IRFU through the clubs across the country.

Ticket Price Range:
    Wales: €33.75 - €105
    Italy: €26.25 - €95
    Scotland: €26.25 - €95

All Italy match tickets seem to be sold now too. That's pretty impressive demand overall has to be said.

• Advertisement

kuang1 wrote: »
    All Italy match tickets seem to be sold now too. That's pretty impressive demand overall has to be said.

Yes, I thought demand would be down this year, but business was brisk when I went to buy on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Got my 4 for the Wales game, not going to the other home games as stuff on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I still reckon more will be released as time goes on

pc7 wrote: »
    I still reckon more will be released as time goes on

You reckon the IRFU are taking a leaf out of World Rugby's book and drip feeding supply to scupper the touts?
    I suppose it's possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

You reckon the IRFU are taking a leaf out of World Rugby's book and drip feeding supply to scupper the touts?
    I suppose it's possible!

More likely returns will come back from Italy or from clubs.

More likely returns will come back from Italy or from clubs.

Yeah I know...tongue was in my cheek!

But unless they've changed the ratio of tickets that go to clubs, the visiting team, supporters club/public sale, then it seems to me that demand is definitely higher for these 3 games than 2 years ago.

Hence it should follow that returned tickets will be sparse, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Bolloxology

Returned tickets won't see the light of ordinary punters day.

Why did they allow 4 for Wales? Seems very unfair!

Gaygooner wrote: »

I don't understand that at all. I am wondering were the IRFU expecting the demand to be so strong.

vienne86 wrote: »
    I don't understand that at all. I am wondering were the IRFU expecting the demand to be so strong.

It will be 2 per person for the autumn matches and the 2017 6 nations.

Mrsc having there sale next friday 200 pairs per match for over 8000 members

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Gaygooner wrote: »

If any section or club don't take up their proposed allocation then they usually end up with a reduction next time round. Perhaps they had a few to pay around with?

• Advertisement
Advertisement