Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Six Nations tickets 2016!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It will be 2 per person for the autumn matches and the 2017 6 nations.

Mrsc having there sale next friday 200 pairs per match for over 8000 members

Last time Australia and New Zealand came (2013), we were allowed to buy up to four tickets for each match, as I recall. Certainly I bought the triple pack for four of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

vienne86 wrote: »
    Last time Australia and New Zealand came (2013), we were allowed to buy up to four tickets for each match, as I recall. Certainly I bought the triple pack for four of us.

The all blacks game will sell very fast I imagine but autumn tickets are always easier to get than six nations ones.

a small allocation of home match tickets has just gone on sale for the MRSC members. 2 per person

picked up 2 scotland tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

If any section or club don't take up their proposed allocation then they usually end up with a reduction next time round. Perhaps they had a few to pay around with?

That Sold out in 4 minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks to the MRSC I've got 4 tickets for what could be a Grand Slam game v Scotland and 2 for Wales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I too got another 2 tickets to both Scotland and Wales

happy out now

phog wrote: »
    Thanks to the MRSC I've got 4 tickets for what could be a Grand Slam game v Scotland and 2 for Wales.

I thought it was only 2 tickets overall u cud get ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I thought it was only 2 tickets overall u cud get ??

2 tickets per membership. If you got more than one member in the family.....

2 tickets per membership. If you got more than one member in the family.....

someone i knw looking for a wales ticket but i got 2 from the mrsc for the scottish game so is it worth the risk of getting another ticket ?? with fear of all being cancelled due to going over the limit.

someone i knw looking for a wales ticket but i got 2 from the mrsc for the scottish game so is it worth the risk of getting another ticket ?? with fear of all being cancelled due to going over the limit.

Not on your own membership. If you can use someone elses membership number and log in through their account then yeah you can buy more if they're still available.

• Advertisement

Not on your own membership.

indeed, the system won't even allow you to try and buy more than 2 per member so no issues around losing other tickets

its amazing the tickets from the mrsc are not sold out yet. just searched for the laugh and got offered 2 wales tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭verizon

Hi,

I was wondering if it is still possible to get tickets for any of the home games? I was looking online and tickets on tout websites are mostly 200+ euro.

Very inexperienced rugby ticket buyer and only thought of it as a christmas gift recently. I couldn't figure out the mrsc site to find Ireland tickets :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

verizon wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if it is still possible to get tickets for any of the home games? I was looking online and tickets on tout websites are mostly 200+ euro.

Very inexperienced rugby ticket buyer and only thought of it as a christmas gift recently. I couldn't figure out the mrsc site to find Ireland tickets :(

No chance for Wales and a very slim chance of any making a public sale for Scotland. The Italy game will have a fair few that make Ticketmaster. You will find some on sale online but it can be pricy and risky. Besides that some are available through hospitality or travel companies but they will be as part of a package and priced accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭verizon

No chance for Wales and a very slim chance of any making a public sale for Scotland. The Italy game will have a fair few that make Ticketmaster. You will find some on sale online but it can be pricy and risky. Besides that some are available through hospitality or travel companies but they will be as part of a package and priced accordingly.

Yeah I had a look around the travel companies but they don't really suit. I was able to get tickets to the Scotland game through the Munster supporters club however.

I look forward to all news from the supporter clubs I've joined over the last two days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

France away now sold out on their website.. if anyone was still looking

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Do the MRSC still have tickets for Scotland does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Do the MRSC still have tickets for Scotland does anyone know?

Bit the bullet and got two for Scotland! delighted. Is the MRSC a yearly thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭trevezel

i was allowed to buy 2 tickets for Wales and 2 for Scotland with a single membership !
    there's no limit from the system
    cash taken from my bank account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

If I join the munster supporters club now, are there any 6 nations tickets left up for grabs?

trevezel wrote: »
    i was allowed to buy 2 tickets for Wales and 2 for Scotland with a single membership !
    there's no limit from the system
    cash taken from my bank account

It seems that the take up wasn't as high as they initially expected. There are still Italy and Scotland tickets available according to the latest newsletter, so they probably dropped the 2 tickets per membership thing.

wales is sold out
    only singles for scotland
    tickets available for italy

If I join the munster supporters club now, are there any 6 nations tickets left up for grabs?

Membership for the 2015/16 season closed some time ago. Any international tickets available have surely been allocated by now or are awaiting allocation. Even if membership was open it would be very unfair to the current members if you could come in this late stage and grab any spare tickets. Certainly I think it would be unfair if you were let.

Cheers lads, I'll leave it for this year. Does the MSRC get a certain allocation? ie. is there a better chance of getting a few under it than the Ireland supporters club?

Cheers lads, I'll leave it for this year. Does the MSRC get a certain allocation? ie. is there a better chance of getting a few under it than the Ireland supporters club?

The IRSC would have more tickets but higher demand

MRSC only got about 400 tickets but there seems to be very little demand

between two members of both we got enough for our group of family/friends

• Advertisement

Certainly I think it would be unfair if you were let.

I'd rather someone came and bought them than they were returned

they have been on sale for weeks after all

unfair ?
    what are you talking about, Losty Dublin ?
    if he s allowed to get a membership, whats wrong with that ?
    sale for MRSC membership started 3 weeks ago and there are still tickets...

Can a member of the MRSC let me know if any Wales tickets pop up? Cheers

WALES IS SOLD OUT

WALES IS SOLD OUT
    Is it a case of 'when they're gone they're gone', or are some extra tickets added as they are returned by clubs?

• Advertisement

unfair ?
    what are you talking about, Losty Dublin ?
    if he s allowed to get a membership, whats wrong with that ?
    sale for MRSC membership started 3 weeks ago and there are still tickets...

It's fairly clear what I'm saying. If you could join up days before the 6N and expect to have the same entitlement to tickets then in my eyes it's unfair to those who have been members since early in the season, who probably go to Munster games and who should get priority.

In any case it's immaterial as applications to join the MRSC have closed and current members are being offered their chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ari gold24

Are websites like viagogo reliable for ordering 6 nations tickets? Trying to source 2 Italy tickets as a present to the other half but I'm worried it might not be entirely safe. I joined the IRFU supporters club too late to purcahse from them...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

ari gold24 wrote: »
    Are websites like viagogo reliable for ordering 6 nations tickets? Trying to source 2 Italy tickets as a present to the other half but I'm worried it might not be entirely safe. I joined the IRFU supporters club too late to purcahse from them...

I've ordered soccer tickets from them a few times before, very reliable but exorbitant. And if it's Italy tickets you're after it may be worth hanging on to see if there's any returns stuck up on ticketmaster by the end of January

If we beat Wales and England than tickets for the Scotland/italy games will be very hard to find but if we lose any of these games tickets will be easy to pick up I think

The Scotland game could (big could) be a grand slam/championship or triple crown winning game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

If we beat Wales and England than tickets for the Scotland/italy games will be very hard to find but if we lose any of these games tickets will be easy to pick up I think

The Scotland game could (big could) be a grand slam/championship or triple crown winning game.

I think you will find all the tickets for all of the matches sold out before a ball has been played.

As funrunner95 said in a earlier post. You might get some returns for sale on ticketmaster. Just keep checking the site.

OldRio wrote: »
    I think you will find all the tickets for all of the matches sold out before a ball has been played.

As funrunner95 said in a earlier post. You might get some returns for sale on ticketmaster. Just keep checking the site.

I think he means people might offload tickets to Italy or Scotland if we lose the first game or two!

Riskymove wrote: »
    I think he means people might offload tickets to Italy or Scotland if we lose the first game or two!

*Penny drops*
    It seems that tickets must be still getting into the hands of the wrong sort. Never understand that sort of 'fan'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

What are the chances of picking up a Wales ticket close to the game? I've had mates pick up tickets on the day before from hanging around Slatterys etc on the day for the Guinness Series, wondering if it's similar for the 6N?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

OldRio wrote: »
    *Penny drops*
    It seems that tickets must be still getting into the tickets of the wrong sort. Never understand that sort of 'fan'

Italy and Scotland are the last two games. People with a lot of travelling to do to get to Dublin might not be arsed if these games are glorified friendlies by the time they come around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dermot'

I'm looking for two tickets to Ire v Wales game, i lost out getting them from IRFU supporters club. If anybody knows where i could source or willing to sell, i'm willing to pay over the odds (but not crazy crazy over the odds).
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

cson wrote: »
    What are the chances of picking up a Wales ticket close to the game? I've had mates pick up tickets on the day before from hanging around Slatterys etc on the day for the Guinness Series, wondering if it's similar for the 6N?

There are always people selling tickets (and touts so be careful) hanging around Landsdowne Road at the junction with the Clyde Court hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dermot'

Thanks - am hoping to buy before from a genuine seller, someone with spare tickets or cant go. Wont chance my arm the day of the game.
    But thanks for your feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KeleGal

They went on presale to the supporters club before Christmas..all Ireland v Wales and Ireland v Scotland tickets completely sold out that morning. Hope that helps

awec wrote: »
    Italy and Scotland are the last two games. People with a lot of travelling to do to get to Dublin might not be arsed if these games are glorified friendlies by the time they come around.

Yup. That's the type I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

Anyone know when the MRSC send out the tickets? Only 3 weeks to the Wales game. You'd imagine they would be sent soon.

hermano wrote: »
    Anyone know when the MRSC send out the tickets? Only 3 weeks to the Wales game. You'd imagine they would be sent soon.

Send them an email. http://www.mrsc.ie/contact/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

hermano wrote: »

You should get them any day now, I would expect. The Ireland supporters club sent out the tickets for the first two matches - got mine Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

Does anyone have any idea the best way to find out if tickets for the Italy game become available and when that might be? Is it just a case of keeping on checking ticketmaster.ie?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Does anyone have any idea the best way to find out if tickets for the Italy game become available and when that might be? Is it just a case of keeping on checking ticketmaster.ie?

Cheers

Been and gone I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

Been and gone I'm afraid

Ah bollocks... Cheers for the heads up though!

Advertisement